23 - Dylan And Kimberly Are Engaged

5 YEARS LATER...

My daughter Kimberly and her boyfriend were on a date and they decided to film a video and show us what Dylan was about to do and so he dropped to one knee and ask Kimberly for her hand in marriage. Scotty and I watched the video and all I did was cry through the whole thing. Scotty put his arms around me and said, "Honey, look at me, she will be in good hands now. Trust me. We've both met the man who she is going to marry and we both approve of them getting married, so please don't cry over it." I wiped away my tears and so we called Kimberly and Dylan to see how things were going.

PHONE CONVERSATION:

Scotty: Hello, who am I speaking with?

Kimberly: Hi Dad, it's Kimberly, how are you?

Scotty: I'm fine, sweetheart. Just heard the news about the engagement.

Kimberly: He did fantastic! Wish you and Mom could see it.

Scotty: Maybe when you two come up for dinner tonight, you can show your mother and I. Is Dylan there?

Kimberly: He's right here beside me. Want to say hi?

Scotty: Sure. Dylan, this is Kimberly's father, how are you?

Dylan: Doing fine, sir. Thank you for asking.

Scotty: You're welcome. Congratulations on the engagement.

Dylan: Thank you so much! I did a great job with the ring too. Wish you and your wife could see it.

Scotty: I know you did a great job, Kimberly told us already.

Dylan: Why thank you, sir. She is my world. I can't wait to marry her.

Scotty: Whoa! Slow down! YOU JUST GOT ENGAGED!

Dylan: I'm just thinking down the road. In about 2 or 3 years.

Scotty: Oh okay. Well, that's good. At least it won't be for a few years.

Dylan: Yes sir, you're right. Oh, Kimberly's right here. She wants to talk to you, sir. Great chatting with you, sir.

Scotty: Thank you. Hi Kimberly, how are you doing, sweetheart?

Kimberly: I'm very happy, Dad. This guy treats like a queen whenever he's around me. So I'm hoping that we marry someday.

So after their conversation, they said their good-byes and got off the phone. I walked over to my husband and put my head on his shoulder and said, "Our baby." He looked at me with tears in his eyes, "I know." So then we heard a knock at the door and Scotty went to answer it and it was Kimberly and her fiancee, Dylan. Her fiancee! Scotty walked over to them and shook Dylan's hand and said, "Congratulations!" "Thank you, sir. I'm looking forward to marrying her. YOUR DAUGHTER!" Then Kimberly showed us her left hand and it sported a very flashy engagement ring. I took my daughter's hand in mine and looked at her ring a little closer. Then I looked up at her and said, "That is beautiful!" She showed her ring to Scotty and he said, "Oh my! That's looks stunning!" After that, I told both of them that dinner was on the table. So then they both came out to the kitchen and Scotty and I sat down, then Dylan came up behind Kimberly and pulled her chair out for her. Then she sat down and he sat down, Scotty said grace, "Heavenly Father, please bless this meal and also my wife and I would like to thank you for bringing this young man into our daughter's life. We pray this in Jesus' name. Amen." So after grace, dinner was served. While we ate, Scotty and I noticed out of the corner of his eye, he noticed that they were looking at each other. Then Scotty looked at Dylan and said, "Young man, shouldn't you two be eating?" "Oh yes, thank you. I'm sorry, I'm just so in love with her, I just can't stop looking her." He gave her a kiss on the forehead and whispered, "I love you." Then after dinner, both of them helped us clean up the dishes. She gave us both a hug and said, "We have to go now." After that, Kimberly gave us both a kiss good-bye and said, "Mom, Dad, I'll be fine." After we got kisses good-bye, they left to start their new life together.