April Fools - Preath

Okay the constant change of point of view is gonna make this confusing but trust me it'll make sense in the end please enjoy!

(Tobin's POV)

"Christen!" I called out, running towards her.

She hugged me. "I missed you," she grinned. "It's been way too long."

"It's been like two weeks," I laughed.

"Which is too long," she pouted.

I slung an arm around her. "You're so clingy Press."

"You're the one with an around me Heath," she teased, playfully rolling her eyes.

I laughed. As much as I hated to admit it, I had missed this so much, just talking and laughing with my best friend. We got to my house and she unpacked, before the two of us settled on the couch. We were on opposite sides, with a bowl of popcorn sitting in the middle. It was Friday night, meaning it was movie night.

"You know what tomorrow is?" Press questioned, popping a piece of popcorn in her mouth.

I thought for a minute. "The first of the month?" I gave her a confused look.

"April Fools Day," she had an evil smirk on her face. "And I have the perfect prank."

"Oh yeah?" I took a sip of my water.

"We should pretend to be dating."

I spit my water everywhere. "We should what?!"

"Think about it," she reasoned. "Everyone ships Preath, we should tell them we're dating, take pictures and post them of us doing cute and fun stuff tomorrow, and then come clean at the end of the day."

I looked at her skeptically. "I don't know, what if they don't take it as a joke?"

"They will once we come clean," she pouted. "Pleeeeeaaassseee Tobin."

"Fine," I agreed. "How should we do it?"

"Maybe take a picture of us snuggled up on the couch and then one of us can post it on Instagram tomorrow with a cute coming out caption?"

"Sure," I shrugged.

She grabbed one of my fluffy blankets and handed it to me, before snuggling close. I felt my face heat up as I wrapped it around the two of us, while also wrapping my arms around Christen's waist. She took out her phone and took a selfie as she kissed my cheek. "Perfect!" she grinned, moving back over to her side of the couch.

I'm not sure what it was, but as soon as she was back in her spot, I missed the warmth.

(Christen's POV)

As I headed to bed, I noticed how Tobin had barely moved since the movie had ended. "Tobs? You alright?" I asked, my voice laced with concern.

"Yeah," it sounded forced. "Just tired."

She yawned, giving me a hug. "I'll see you tomorrow," I smiled.

"See ya," she headed up to her room, but I was still worried.

The next morning, I found Tobin in the kitchen making pancakes. "Morning Chris," she grinned when she saw me. "I made your favorite."

I smiled at her. "Thanks Toby!"

She raised an eyebrow. "Toby?"

"We're a couple today," I reminded her.

"Oh... right."

I gave her a worried look. "You okay?"

"Headache," she mumbled.

I placed my hand on her forehead. "You don't have a fever," I furrowed my eyebrows. "Maybe you should go sit down, get some water too, you're probably dehydrated."