The Princess is Sick (Alternate ending) (Penguin don't read this)

Hey guys!!! Sooooo hopefully you all read the end of The Princess is Sick! Happy right? Well time for me to ruin your day! Okay this is right after Press walks into Mal's room...

I walked into the room to find Mal staring at the ceiling. She didn't seem to hear me come in, so she didn't notice me until I went, "Hey sweetie."

She looked at me and I saw something in her I had never seen in her before. Weakness. She gave me the best smile she could manage, then went back to staring at the ceiling. I walked over to the side of her bed, and held her hand. She looked at me and coughed. "Love you Mama," she whispered.

"I love you too Princess," I whispered.

I walked over to her bed and took her hand. I knew it was time. Her eyes closed slowly, sleepily. I heard the dreaded sound of the flat line. She looked so peaceful though, so quiet. She looked like she was just sleeping.

Except she wasn't. When I shook her arm she wouldn't wake up and say, "Morning Mama." And she wouldn't get on my back and beg me to carry her after practice. She wouldn't snuggle up to me on the bus anymore. She wouldn't kiss me on the cheek and tell me she loved me. She wouldn't hide behind me every time Hinkle entered the room.

She was asleep. Forever.

I met Tobin and Dawn outside. Their tear stained faces let me know that they knew what had happened. That's when I broke down. I ran into Tobin's arms and she supported my weight while I sobbed and screamed. "IT'S NOT FAIR!" I yelled. "SHE WAS THE YOUNGEST!"

Tobin held me close as I hit whatever air was around me. I don't really remember what happened after that. Just that I woke up in my bed. Tobin kissed my forehead. "Hey CP," she whispered.

The funeral was the hardest thing I've ever been too. Mrs. Pugh was there. She thanked me for taking care of Mal her last days. We cried together, holding each other close. We kept each other sane that day.

Two years later...

"Hey Princess," I whispered, lying the flowers by the stone.

I kneeled by the ground for a while, admiring the stone.

R.I.P.
Mallory Diane Pugh
April 29, 1998 - April 19, 2016
Soccer player
Daughter
Best friend

I sighed, tracing my fingers over the words. "You never got to be a legal adult," I sighed.

"I miss you, ya know? You were so fun to be around. You were my baby. My Princess."

"Toby misses you too, she's a lot quieter now. Cries more too."

"Even Hinkle misses you. Ever since then we've grown a bit closer, not much, bit you did manage to bring everyone together for a year."

I chuckled, finally letting the tears fall. "I love you Princess, I always will."

I stood up and walked back to her car. Driving away, I decided to get something and bring it back. I drove back to the cemetery and placed the stuffed teddy bear on her grave.

"Sleep tight Princess."