Angel With A Shotgun (Preath)

Oh yes, another Preath fic. This one's your fault tho guys, you voted

Get out your guns
Battle's begun
Are you a saint or a sinner?
If love's a fight
Then I shall die
With my heart on the trigger
They say before you start a war
You better know what you're fighting for
Well baby you are all that I adore
If love is what you need
A soldier I will be

Running. The burning sensation in her chest. The feeling of nausea in her stomach. Anything to keep Tobin Heath's mind off of what she just did.

She kept running. Block by block she got farther and farther away from the scene. What she had just done would scare the day light out of any reporter. She was done for. It wasn't her fault. They hurt Christen. You don't do that.

But now she had left her. Left her lying there, helpless. Idiot, she thought to herself. You fucking idiot. She probably hates you. She's probably dead. This is all your fault.

Tobin kept running, despite the thoughts. She made it to where she finally thought it might be safe. She was in a park. She sat on a bench and stared at her hands. Blood, she thought. Hopefully that won't give me away.

She sighed and looked down. She heard a little kid crying. She looked up to see three of them. Two boys and a little girl. One of the boys was crying behind the girl. "Hey!" she yelled at the other one. "Why'd you do that?"

"Cause he's stupid!"

"Jackson is not stupid!"

The girl then walked up to the boy and punched him square in the jaw. These kids couldn't be older than six but everything they were doing spoke to Tobin. She knew what she had to do.

I'm an angel with a shotgun
Fighting till the war's won
I don't care if Heaven won't take me back
I'll throw away my faith babe
Just to keep you safe
Don't you know you're everything I have?
And I
Wanna live not just survive
Tonight

Christen Press lie on the ground in the old alley. She was beaten, bruised, and bleeding. She looked up at her tormenter. "Sorry little girl," he growled. "Where's your precious team now?"

Press stayed quiet. She knew if she spoke she would make him angrier. She didn't remember much after that, just watched him hit the ground and a certain brown eyed midfielder beat the crap out of him.

She watched, horrified, as she litteraly killed him. Tobin seemed to realize what she had done. She gave Christen a fearful look but then ran away. Christen couldn't believe it. She left her. Lying there, almost dead. She left her.

She took what little energy she had left, and she cried. She never loved you, she thought. Damnit Christen you should have know that!

Sometimes to win
You gotta sin
Don't mean I'm not a believer
And Major Tom
Will sing along
Yeah they still say I'm a dreamer
They say before you start a war
You better know what you're fighting for
Well baby you are all that I adore
If love is what you need
A soldier I will be

Tobin ran harder than she has ever ran before. Harder than she ran in games again Japan.

She went back to the alley where the dead man lay. Christen was lying there too. Her eyes were stating straight ahead. She had stopped crying at this point.

Tobin crouched next to her. "You're gonna be okay," she whispered as she lifted off the ground. "I've got you."

I'm an angel with a shotgun,
Fighting 'til the war's won,
I don't care if heaven won't take me back.
I'll throw away my faith, babe, just to keep you safe.
Don't you know you're everything I have?
And I wanna live, not just survive tonight.

Tobin ran with Christen in her arms all the way back to the hotel where they were staying. A-Rod was standing in the lobby. "Tobin!" she screamed, looking at Christen.

"No time to explain, get her to Dawn, please," Tobin choked.

A-Rod took the brown haired girl in her arms. "Where are you going?" she asked.

"Don't worry about it."

Tobin ran out of the hotel. She ran back to the alley where the dead man lay. She sighed as she took his lifeless body in her arms. There was a chance she could save him.

Tobin took his hand in hers and closed her eyes. She hadn't done this in a long time. Not since her mom almost died.

His eyes fluttered open. "Wh-what did you do?"

"I saved your fucking life, you're welcome."

She didn't allow him to regain his strength. She knew if she did that then he would kill her. And everyone she'd ever used her power on.

She carried him to the hospital, not to the hotel. She gave him to a nurse and left him there with no explanation. That was as much as she would dare help the man.

Oh, oh whoa whoa oh whoa

I'm an angel with a shotgun.
Fighting 'til the war's won.
I don't care if heaven won't take me back.

I'm an angel with a shotgun,
Fighting 'til the war's won,
I don't care if heaven won't take me back.
I'll throw away my faith, babe, just to keep you safe.
Don't you know you're everything I have?
(I'm an angel with a shotgun)
And I want to live, not just survive
(Live, not just survive)
And I'm gonna hide, hide, hide my wings tonight.

They say before you start a war,
You better know what you're fighting for.
Well, baby, you are all that I adore.
If love is what you need, a soldier I will be.

She sprinted back to the hotel. As soon as she got there she went into a bathroom and threw up. Not even her body could handle running that much in one day.

She lied on the cold floor, too weak to move. Alex found her there. "Hey Tobs," she said, gently lifting her off the ground. "You need to come with me. Now."

The urgency in Alex's voice alarmed Tobin. She attempted to walk, but helplessly fell on top of Alex. "I've got you," Alex whispered, picking her up and sprinting.

She unlocked and opened one of the hotel doors. Dawn was in there, crouched by one of the beds. As Tobin looked up, she realized that almost the entire team was in there, staring down at the bed.

She dared to look at the bed. It was Press, lying, completely still. Tears began to run down Tobin's face. "That bastard," she managed to choke out.

Alex lied her next to Press. Alex was the only one on the team who knew about Tobin's power.

Tobin took Press' hand. With little energy and power she had left, she transferred her life to Press.

Then she fell back, seemingly lifeless. "TOBIN!" most of the team screamed.

Alex crouched by the bed and checked Tobin for a pulse. Finding it, she sighed with relief. "She's gonna be okay," she paused, looking at Press. "They both are."

A few hours later, the two woke up. "What are you?" Press asked, but Tobin shushed her.

"Right now, all I am is yours."