Parent Problems (part 2) - PreathxMal

"Mal Pal shhh," Ali cooed softly, holding the younger girl in her arms.

They were on the bathroom floor. Ashlyn had left to get Dawn, because this was the third time that Mal had thrown up in ten minutes. Ali was on comforting duty. "I'm s-s-sorry Ali," Mal sniffled.

"Shh, shh," Ali kissed her temple. "You have nothing to apologize for baby. You're sick, you can't help it."

Mal snuggled close to the defender. Ali tightened her hug. The door opened suddenly and Ashlyn was in the room with Dawn. "Hey Mal," she said softly. "Can you come in here so Dawn can have a look at you?"

Mal nodded and Ashlyn helped her up. She led the younger girl to the bed as Dawn checked her temperature, which had gone up. "I'm going to kill Christen," Ash whispered to Ali.

"Can it wait until she's better?"

Ash stared sympathetically at the younger girl. "Of course it is. Our Mal Pal needs us."

Ali smiled and pecked Ashlyn's lips. "I love you."

Ash wrapped her arms around Ali's waist, before whispering softly, "I love you too."

(Tobin's POV)

"What do you want?" I could basically hear her eye roll.

"Your daughter is burning up with a fever," I said seriously. "Chris she is really sick. She needs you."

"No, she needs to learn how to deal with it on her own."

"Are you okay?"

I could tell the question caught her off guard. She paused for a second. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Chris, c'mon, you say that when you're upset. Why don't you come to my room? We can talk more there."

She sighed. "Okay."

I hung up the phone and headed back to my room. There was a note from Amy. Watching a movie in Alex's room, thought you might want your space.

I smiled and sat down on the bed. There was a knock on the door a few minutes later and I opened it, revealing Christen. Suddenly, I was attacked with a hug as she sobbed in my arms. "Chris? Babe? Shh calm down, tell me what happened," I cooed, running on hand through her messy brown hair.

"My parents they," she took a shaky breath. "They got kind of pissed at me when I came out."

I held her tighter. "What happened?"

"My mom said not to bother coming home," she sobbed.

I rocked her in my arms. "I am so sorry Chris," I kissed her head.

My phone buzzed. I led her to the bed before picking it up. I had a text from Ali.

Mal has a bad virus. I know you're busy but we really need help

I sighed. "Can you be strong for Mal?"

Christen nodded. We walked up to Ali and Ashlyn's room, where we found Mal crying in Ali's arms. Ashlyn and Ali both shot Christen a death glare as she entered. She sighed but walked towards Mal. "Princess?" she said softly, making Mal look up.

"M-mama?"

"Hey baby," she cooed. "I'm sorry I was a jerk earlier. I promise I'm all yours now."

Mal looked up at Ali, who nodded. Suddenly, Mal burst into tears, clinging to Ali tightly. "No!" she cried.

"M-Mal?"

"I want Aunt Ali. She doesn't leave me."

I saw Christen's heart break. I saw Ali's eyes widen in surprise. "Mal Pal... what did you just call me?"

"Aunt Ali?" she looked up. "Is that okay? Can you be my Aunt Ali?"

"Of course baby," Ali smiled, kissing her temple.

"C-can you be my Aunt Ash?" Mal looked up at the brunette goalkeeper.

"Always," Ashlyn grinned, sitting next to Ali. "I love you Malley."

"I love you guys too."

I looked over at Christen and silent tears were streaming down her face. "I-I'll see y-you guys tomorrow," she sniffled, before running out the door.

I would have followed her if Mal hadn't shot up right then. She grabbed a trash can and promptly threw up. "Oh babe," I rushed by her side. "I should have picked up on you not feeling well this morning. I was on the phone with Cheney up until we got on the bus so I didn't come check on you. I'm so sorry princess."

"I-it's okay Mommy," she managed a small smile. "C-can I come stay w-with you?"

"You just keep changing your mind," I chuckled.

"S-sorry," she looked down. "I just really want you right now."

"Babe don't apologize," I scooped her up. "Of course you can come to my room!"

She wrapped her arms around my neck. I thanked Ali and Ash for watching her and carried her back to my room. When I laid her down I grabbed a trash can and a cold wash cloth. I wiped her face before getting into bed next to her. She snuggled close to me. "I love you princess," I whispered, kissing her temple.

"I love you too mommy," she clung to me.

"Forever and ever?" I kissed her nose.

"Forever and ever," she agreed.

(Ashlyn's POV)

"I'm gonna kill Christen," Ali said, standing up.

"Right behind you," I agreed.

We walked to Christen and Mal's room. I had Mal's key in my pocket, she had left it in our room. I opened the door. "PRESS YOU ARE DEAD," I announced.

I stopped. What was that noise? By the look on Ali's face she heard it too. It was coming from the bathroom. Ali knocked. "Christen?"

"I'm sorry!" we heard her sob.

Ali opened the door. Christen was on the floor, her brown hair sticking to her forehead with sweat. She was crying.

"Christen?" Ali got onto the floor next to her, pressing a hand to her forehead. "Holy shit Ashlyn she's on fire."

I sighed and kneeled next to her. "Chris? What's wrong?"

"I'm fine," she sobbed.

"No you're not," Ali sighed. "Look I'm still pissed but I'm not leaving you here by yourself."

She helped her up and led her to bed. She laid a cold wash cloth on her forehead and put a trash can by her bed. "Call Dawn," she sighed. "We can kill her another time."

I nodded. But as I hit Dawn's contact, I knew one thing.

Being sick was not what was upsetting Christen. It was something much much deeper.