Sick Days - HarlixJJ

(You guys can thank Soccerstar2015 and Soccersoftball2 for this, I'm doing this for them)

Carli Lloyd knew she was sick. She knew it, and she didn't care. As team captain of the US Women's National Team she couldn't afford to miss the team meetings.

She sat next to Hope Solo, her best friend. On the other side of Hope was her favorite blond defender, Julie Johnston. Julie was like a daughter to Hope and Carli, so she wasn't surprised to see her there.

They were just going through film that day, and Carli found this especially boring, luring her softly into sleep. She woke up to Hope gently shaking her shoulder. "Carls, try and stay awake," she whispered. "Are you okay?"

Carli shook her head, burying her face in Hope's shirt. JJ looked over at her "moms" worriedly. Hope sighed and looked up, making eye contact with Dawn. She looked back at Carli, then at Dawn. Dawn nodded, and Hope helped Carli stand up. She brought her outside.

JJ glanced worriedly at Dawn, but she just shook her head at the young defender. JJ knew she had no way of getting out of this meeting, so she would just have to wait.

Meanwhile, outside, Hope was sitting with Carli in a bench right outside the room. "I'm fine," Carli said stubbornly standing up.

She swayed side to side before falling, and Hope jumped up to catch her. "Carli you can't even stand up," Hope pointed out. "I'm taking you back to bed."

Carli groaned, but Hope just easily lifted her and carried her to their room. She laid her in her bed, then pressed a hand to her forehead. "Carli you're warm," her eyebrows furrowed in concern. "What's wrong?"

"My throat's just a little scratchy, that's all.

Hope sighed. "You want a cuddle buddy?"

Carli nodded. "Yes please."

Hope crawled into bed next to Carli. While she was stubborn at first, now that she knew there was no getting out of it, she happily let Hope wrapped her arms around her. She leaned in, resting her head in the crook of Hope's neck.

They stayed quiet until there was a small knock at the door. Hope got up and answered it, finding Julie there, looking worried. "Is Mama okay?" she asked, her voice laced with concern.

"She isn't feeling very well sweetheart," Hope explained. "Honey I'm not sure I want you in here, I would feel guilty if you got sick."

"Mom I don't care," JJ said defensively. "I need to be here for Mama."

Hope sighed. "Come on in bug."

JJ walked in and went straight towards Carli. "Hey Mama," she said, moving some of her hair out of her face. "How are you feeling?"

"Not too good Jay," she gave a small smile. "But I'll manage."

JJ frowned and put her hand on Carli's forehead. Carli chuckled, leaning into the touch. JJ frowned even more once she felt her fever. "Mama you're sick," she commented.

"Thank you Captain Obvious," Hope mumbled, rolling her eyes.

"Hope Ameila Solo be nice," Carli scolded. "She's only trying to help."

Hope sighed. "I know, I know, I'm just worried about you. Carli you never get sick, but when you do, well it's bad."

"I'm sure it's fine," Carli shook her head. "Now, you two come here and we can watch a movie."

They both crawled into bed next to her, JJ being on one side of her and Hope on the other. She leaned her shoulder on Hope, but held onto JJ's hand. They turned on whatever movie was on and fell asleep that way.

Later that day, JJ woke up, looking over at the clock and realizing it was almost time for dinner. She gently removed her hand from Carli's and got up, stretching out for a minute. She then walked over to Hope and kissed her cheek. "Hmm, what's up bug?" Hope asked groggily.

"It's almost time for dinner," JJ whispered. "How warm is Mama?"

Hope placed her hand on Carli's forehead, but almost immediately pulled back. "She's burning up," she sighed. "Honey I'll get dinner later, you go ahead."

"You sure? I can bring you something back, maybe something for her too."

"No honey, you and I both know she won't eat, and I'll survive."

"If you say so," JJ placed a gentle kiss on Carli's head.

"Be good," Hope warned. "I'm texting Christen to watch you."

"Yes ma'am," JJ playfully saluted, making Hope laugh.

JJ finished dinner rather quickly, worried about Carli. Christen noticed how fast she was eating. "Are you trying to make yourself sick?" she asked, making JJ jump.

She had spaced out. "What? Oh no, I'm just worried about Mama."

"Don't be, she's probably just got a bad cold or something."

JJ sighed. "I guess you're right."

"Worrywart," Christen teased.

"Dork," JJ rolled her eyes.

"Loser."

"Asshole."

The two burst into giggles, getting a weird look from Tobin and Mal, who were sitting next to Christen. "Hey princess, please eat your broccoli," Christen said, turning back to her "daughter".

She then looked at the rest of the plate. "And your chicken, and your potatoes," she gave Mal a strange look. "Honey have you eaten at all?".

"My tummy doesn't feel good," Mal complained, leaning her head on Tobin's shoulder.

Tobin pressed a hand to her forehead. "Shit Chris, she's on fire."

"Alright, let's get her up to bed," Press easily picked up Mal. "Hate to leave you here JJ, but I got a kid to attend to, I'll see you later."

JJ smiled. "It's fine, feel better Mal-Pal."

Mal nodded against Press' shirt. As soon as Press and Tobin were gone, she finished quickly and went upstairs. She knocked on the door and Hope answered. "Welcome back Babs," she smiled, kissing her head.

"Hey JJ," Carli called from her bed. "Cone cuddle with me?"

JJ nodded and got into bed next to Carli. Carli pulled her into a hug and kissed her head. "I love you baby," she smiled.

"I love you too Mama."

"Hey," Hope pouted. "I want in on this."

"Then get over here Solo!" Carli laughed.

Hope got in on the other side of JJ, and hugged her as well. "I love you guys," she whispered.

"Love you too," JJ and Carli whispered back.

As soon as JJ was asleep, Carli looked up and met Hope's eyes. "Best sick day ever."