Chapter 3 - Xavier

Start from the beginning

He sighed, shaking his head. 

“Do you want me to tell you what happened last night?”

“Yes...but I’m not entering your house again.”

“Well...you wouldn’t be able to collect your phone would you?” He said, holding up my phone in his palm.

“Hey!” I exclaimed. I rushed towards him, my hands outstretched and reaching for my phone. At the last second, his hand jerked upwards while his other hand pulled my waist down onto his lap.

I cursed, wriggling out of his lap while frantically reaching for my phone.

“Shhh...calm down” his lips pressed onto my ear. 

I pushed at his chest roughly and attempted to snatch my phone back. Instead, he threw it across the room. I shrieked, lunging for it. But his hands around me were too strong. 

“You threw my phone! How dare you! That was my property!” I screamed, hitting at his chest. He merely smiled, amused. This was exactly what he wanted me to do. 

“It’s not broken,” he mumbled, his arms gripping stronger on my arms. 

“What?”

He gestured towards the door. I followed his gaze and felt a little relief flow through me. A tall guy with dark brown hair was standing at the open door with my phone in his hand. I stoped squirming. 

“Have I interrupted something, Xav?” the dark haired guy’s voice was deep, as his eyes darted between ‘Xav’ and me.

“Absolutely--”

“RUN! And give my my phone before you leave! Run to the police station and report to them that I was kidnapped and now am taken hostage by this freak!” I quickly said, finishing off Xav’s sentence.

The dark haired boy at the door smiled. 

“Come in, Alex.” Xav said.

Alex stood at the door and hesitated a bit before walking in and sitting on the opposite couch. 

“Alex, this is Gabriannie. Gabriannie, this is Alexander the great.” Xav said, his breath tickling the side of my neck.

“Xavier, seriously, stop calling me that.” Alex said, smiling. 

“Xavier…” I whisper, trying out his name. 

“Already in love with me eh?” Xavier said, laughing slightly. 

“Have you lost your mind. You think I love you after you kidnapped me?”

“You kidnapped her?” Alex asked, his face painted with pure shock. 

“I didn’t. Trust me.”

“Trust you?” I shrieked, pushing him away from me. 

“Bri, would you please stop yelling and listen.”

“Don’t call me Bri. And no! Let go of me!” Finally, I managed to push and squirm myself free from his grip. I lunged for my phone and grabbed it away from the stunned Alex.

“No! Why did you give her the phone?” I heard Xavier yell. But I didn’t get to see his expression, since I was making a run for the door. I ran out and felt a like a heavy weight was pulled off my shoulders. 

“Say thanks atleast!” Xavier yelled.

“Thanks? No way. By the way, I never want to see your face EVER again!”

“Well, the next time you sit on the park bench in the middle of a freezing winters night, make sure someone is there with you to cary you back to their home when you faint, maybe they are kind enought to let you sleep in their bed and eat their breakfast. Then you won’t see me ever again.”