Mirana

After the first initial attack of the curse, there wasn't any other ones. At least, not until 3 years later. Ciara wasn't feeling up to herself lately. Depressed even. Her room still wasn't fit enough for her to return to. And she may never return to it. The damage from the fire made it dangerous for the workers to repair the tower.
She sits patiently on her bed when she hears a small knock on her door. She turns her head to see her father standing there.

"What is it, father?" Ciara asks Frost.

"I think I know what will cheer you up," he tells her, "Do you want to go see Emma?"

Ciara perks up, "Do I? Of course I do!"

She quickly stands and goes with her father to Emma's stable. They enter the stable and Ciara takes a look at the bear.

Emma is a lot bigger now. It's almost amazing on how much she's grown since she was a cub.
Ciara strokes the bear's head and Frost opens her gate.

Ciara looks at her father, "What are you doing?"

"Letting her out," Frost replies, "She's always in this tiny box. Why not let her out for a little bit?"

Frost suddenly freezes as he notices beads of sweat on Ciara's forehead.

"Are you getting hot?" he asks her. He then realizes that he is beginning to sweat as well.

Ciara wipes the sweat off her forehead, "A little."

"Ciara, get out of here," Frost quickly urges.
Ciara hesitates.

Frost runs to Emma to notice Ciara not moving, "Go! I'll get Emma out of here!"

Ciara turns back and runs out of the stable. She can hear her father yell after her, "Whatever happens, do not come back in here!"

As soon as she exits the stable she turns and waits for Emma and her father. She can almost see it start to smoke. No wonder he told her to get out of there. It's going to erupt into flame. She starts to get worried until Emma runs out of the stable. Her father shouldn't be that far behind. A hole appears in her chest when he doesn't.

"Father?" she shouts into the stable. Emma makes a small groan as if she's yelling it out too. Ciara leans towards the stable and feels the large amounts of heat coming from it. She can't see inside before the stable bursts into flame making her scream. Ciara looks down at her mark and sees that it's still dark blue.

"Why can't you go away?" Ciara yells and runs to the castle.

*-.-*-.-*-.-*

Diamond wraps her arm around Ciara. She turns to her mother and cries on her shoulder.
"It should have been me!" she cries, "He wasn't the one cursed! I was!"

"Don't talk like that, sweetheart," Diamond hugs her, "He was protecting you. There was nothing you could do."

Ciara cries, "I wish there was! I want him back!"

"I know," Diamond tells her, "Would you like me to check on Emma for you?"

Ciara sniffs, "Yes, please."

Diamond hesitates, "Are you sure?"

Ciara nods, "Yes. I want to know that she's okay."

Diamond stands up and leave Ciara's room.

Ciara moves to the small window in her room. She sighs. Then she feels something wet on her wrist. A flash of light appears followed by a loud boom. Ciara gasps and backs away from the window.

"Do you have a towel?"

Ciara gasps again and looks back to see a girl sitting on her bed soaking wet. She's shivering.

Ciara looks at her blue hair that gets more purple as it gets to the tips. She then looks at her emerald green eyes.

Ciara hesitates, "Who are you?"

"Normally, I'd answer you but I'm freezing," she replies.

Ciara leaves the room and grabs a towel. She hands it to the girl.

She attempts to dry herself off and then wraps Ciara's blanket over her shoulders.

"My name is Mirana," she tells her.

"Where'd you come from?" Ciara asks quickly, "How'd you get in here?"

"I'm from Aquali," Mirana explains and then looks around Ciara's room, "as for how I got here...I have no idea."

"You don't know how you got here?" Ciara makes a confused face.

Mirana shakes her head, "I don't even know where I am. I was going for a simple swim when all the sudden a storm came and I ended up here."

"You're in Catora," Ciara mentions and Mirana's face drains of emotion.

"Catora?" she repeats.

Ciara nods nervously, "What's wrong with Catora?"

"Nothing's wrong with Catora," Mirana responds, "Your name isn't Ciara, is it?"

Ciara hesitates, "How'd you..."

"No ones died yet, have they?" she interrupts, "from the curse?"

Ciara is taken aback, "How'd you know about all this?"

Ciara's curtains suddenly catch on fire she screams and Mirana holds her hand out towards the flames. Water shoots out and immediately extinguished the flames.

Mirana turns to Ciara, "Because I'm your guardian."

"Explain?" Ciara looks at the now soaked curtains with awe.

Mirana steps off of the bed and walks to the window, "I'm supposed to protect you. Since you can't."

Ciara takes look at her mark, "And the death of my father brought you here?"

"He's the one that made me your guardian on the first place," Mirana explains, "When the first person of your family dies or if one of you were close to dying, I would be summoned. It's kind of complicated."

"How long will you be here with me?" Ciara asks.

Mirana looks out at Catora, "Until the curse is broken."