Catora

Ciara's eyes slowly open. Is today really the day? Could it be the day? Has another year finally rolled around? Ciara sits up quickly in her bed and looks at a small lump of white on her bed.

She laughs, "Emma, you escaped again? You're getting too big to come up here."

The small bear lifts her tired head. She makes a small roar.

Ciara takes a moment to get a look at the brightly light Catora. There icicles hanging from her window slowly drip. The few hours of sun Catora gets melts the snow and ice, but not nearly enough. Throughout her lifetime, Ciara has never seen a time where there wasn't a least a foot of snow on either side of Catora's streets.

Emma stands up on the bed and lays down next to Ciara. She puts her head on one of Ciara's leg and looking into Ciara's blue eyes. Ciara pets Emma's soft head.

As she pets the soft fur, she takes a good look at her room and admires the colors of it. It sits on top of a tall tower. Almost everything in the room is painted in a cool color. Blue, purple, and white are the main colors that pop up. Her curtains are dark blue while her bedding is mixtures of purples. Her mirror and closet are painted white and the chilling stones on the floor are light blues. The rugs that color her floor are a mixture of the three colors. Overall, her bedroom is Ciara's second favorite place in the castle. The first isn't even inside the castle. It's the outside yard where she will constantly build snowmen armies with her parents.

Frost and Diamond are both her parents. Frost, her father, can produce frost while Diamond can make ice. The two powers together give Ciara her amazing ability to produce snow. She can make it snow in her own room if she wanted to. But, she doesn't like to use her magic a lot.

Ciara's looks without a doubt comes from mostly her father. The white hair and blue eyes are only two of the major similarities between the two. However, Ciara believes that her hair will one day turn into the dark sapphire-blue color of her mother's hair.

"I see someone's awake," a voice coming from Ciara's door sounds breaking her out of her thought.

Ciara looks to see her mother walking closer to her, "Yeah."

"What's she doing in here?" Diamond asks, "Did she escape again? I should see to it that it gets fixed."

Ciara pets Emma for a little longer, "I don't think it's necessary. Wait until she's a little bit bigger? She's still a cub right now."

"I know, but if we keep letting her escape she'll do it when she's bigger too," Diamond explains. Diamond sits on the bed with Ciara and Emma, "Are you excited about today?"

Ciara nods, "Yes! I am!"

"Well, I have a surprise for you," Diamond smiles.

Ciara perks up, "Really?"

Diamond nods, "Someone is coming here for your birthday."

"Who?" Ciara quickly fills with excitement.

Diamond hesitates, "My sister and her daughter."

"Really?" Ciara asks, "Have a met them before?"

Diamond nods, "You have, but you wouldn't remember it. You see, you and your cousin were both born on the same day so you met when you two were just newborns."

"It's her birthday too?" Ciara asks with curiosity.

Diamond nods, "It's her birthday too."

"Oh wow," Ciara comments, "I don't even know her and we already have something in common."

"Why not you go ahead and get ready?" Diamond asks her, "You have a long day ahead of you."

Ciara nods as Diamond exits the room closing the door behind her.