Dramanio

Katherine watches in her mirror as a servant braids her hair with her small hands. Her golden hair shines in the light. Katherine takes a long look at her brown eyes. She gets it from her father whom she has never met. Her mother refuses to tell her where he went or even if he will ever return, but he has been absent in Katherine's entire life. She wishes she knew why.

Katherine's room looks like a whole bunch of different shades a red. There doesn't seem to be an inch of any other color. The bricks were red, the stones that cover the floor are a dark red, even her wardrobe was red. Just how Katherine likes it. Although, Katherine's golden hair can stick out at some times as if it doesn't belong. Even her mother's hair is a bright red color.

The servant allows Katherine hair to drop of her back, "What do you think, miss?"

Katherine turns her head to try and look at the tight braid, "You've done a wonderful job. Thank you."

The servant smiles, "I hope your cousin is nice."

Katherine nods, "Me too. I don't even know where I'm going! It's a complete surprise."

The servant nods, "Well, I need to go prepare your ride. I hope you have a nice birthday, miss."

Katherine smiles, "Thank you. Don't forget to close the door behind you."

Katherine sits in her chair until she can hear the sound of the door gently closing. She then stands and walks over to her bed which had a small dragon sleeping on the pillow. She taps the dragon lightly on the back of its head. The dragon jolts and slowly lifts its head to look at Katherine.

Katherine smiles, "Are you sleepy?"

The small dragon yawns making Katherine laugh, "Its time to wake up, Virano."

Katherine holds her hand out to the dragon. He steps into her hand and wraps his skinny tail around her arm. The way he always does.

Katherine brings him over to the window of her room and looks down at the garden. She remembers finding the young dragon. The poor thing was hurt. It looks as if he was thrown around. Katherine took him up to her room without telling her mother and kept him fed until he was as good as new. Then he started to grow bigger and her mother eventually found him. It took a little bit of begging, but she eventually let her keep him.

Katherine gives a deep sigh as the warmth of Dramanio warms her cheeks. Dramanio has always been a hot place and Katherine hopes that it would never change. She loves the soothing feeling that the warm gives her.

Virano tries to adjust himself so he can feel the warmth too. Dragons love heat and can not stand the cold. In fact, the cold could kill them.

After a while, Katherine pulls away from the window, "Alright, that's enough for-"
Katherine halts as something unthinkable happens. Virano falls off of Katherine's other hand in surprise. After he lands on his feet, both him and Katherine stare at the small ball of fire hovering above her hand.

She knew she was capable of making fire like this, but she had never had the chance to see herself do it. She closes her hand into a fist and the fireball goes away. Katherine looks down at the usually dark red mark on her hand. It is labeled as  'usually' because this time it's black. It almost looks burnt.

This means she can use her magic again. Magic that she's never been trained to use. And she's going to go meet her cousin soon. This could be extremely bad.

Fire vs Snow (FvS)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara