0.1

Today.

Edward

Today was the 11th of January, the middle of the year, yet also the start; like always. I had flown to England last night to visit my wife, today was her 130- something't anniversary, I couldn't remember. I could barley remember her face, laugh and smell it'd been so long. And naturally like every other year, I miss her greatly. Nothing compares to heart break.

Carlisle is convinced I will find another love, a singer, as he calls them, though I highly doubt it. But apart of me hopes what he thinks is true. He, along with my family think I will find my forever just as they have. But she was my forever. Her long dark hair and stunning blue eyes. Nothing came close to forever without her. Until close seemed a forever away. Somehow.

What makes me feel worse is the fact that she died because of me. If I hadn't called her days earlier complaining that I missed her then she wouldn't have felt the need to come and surprise me, to board that plane and leave her dream. But I did, and now I live with the consequences, forever.

Carlisle found me when I'd tried to join my wife, I was hanging from the railing of our apartment and blood was pouring from my nose and eyes from the lack of oxygen going to my brain and obviously my lungs, he smelled my blood while travelling to a patient. That night I became this monster I am now.

I am thankful for Carlisle because he gave me a second chance at life, at forever but I only wish he had come to my wife's rescue. If only.

No matter how hard I try to remember her, the picture only seems to fade.

Now her grave stone is covered in moss, Ella Mason barley noticeably written on the stone, grass overgrown from lack of care, but how could I be here and with my family? I couldn't. And I chose my family because they were and still are there for me.

I needed to leave soon because school was starting back again tomorrow and I haven't been in quite some time, not after the new girl, Bella, arrived. I feel the need to drain her whenever I'm around her, so I took a gap year, to contain my urge. I only hope my hard work pays off.

---

Ria

I hated the cold, the rain and snow which made the move to Forks even worse than it already was. I didn't want to leave my friends and family behind in Portland. Even though the weather in Portland wasn't that great, it was certainly better than here.

Our, my mother and I's, home was small, small kitchen and living room, small bedrooms and small bathroom. One, small bathroom. But whoever built this house decided the garden should be huge, of course that's logical. Definitely going to need a greenhouse if I'm to stay here.

I was starting Forks High-school tomorrow, in the middle of the year. But the principle told me 'not to worry, a young girl in your form started this time last year also' which made me feel great. Not really.

I hadn't any idea what to wear because with how the weather was around here I could assume it would be raining or cloudy so either way I would wear warm clothes.

Black jeans, long sleeved shirt and jacket. Of course some converse or else I wouldn't look normal like any other 17 year old girl.

"Ria, dinner!" My mothers English voice shouted up the stairs, not too hard to hear her because the house was so damn small. I dropped all the clothes I was unpacking onto my bed at the mention of food. I loved food. And with being so moody about the move, I worked up a hunger that I only realised was there.

"Thank god" I muttered.

I walked into the small lime green kitchen, definitely going to be repainted. My mother was sitting at the small four seated table with takeaway bags and tubs scattered around the red wooden table. Mom and I were big fans of Oriental food which made it even better when we visited moms friend Ally on the reservation, she made so much different food in fear of someone not liking something.

"So, what do you think?" Mom asked, her smile making my answer turn better before I ever spoke.

"Yeah it's, different" I could see her smile grow, she was so excited to move here, she hadn't stopped talking about it but my mom was one of those people who spoke about something so much but never actually did it, so I assumed this would be like the all the other things she wanted but nope, this was the one she really wanted, wanted so much that she went and did it.

"Good babes, I've got a good feeling about this place!" She said.

The evening continued with myself unpacking and unboxing all the items I owned, which wasn't much from the little few boxes I had come with.
Soon it had gotten dark out and our garden was lit with fairy lights that mom had bought in the airport for some odd reason but they looked nice, like our old garden.

Mom had a nack for gardening and decorating which is why I had no doubt the house would look better in no time. I loved gardening too but only when I wanted to, it was something I felt couldn't be pushed on someone. If they wanted to do it, they would.

I turned my iPod on shuffle playing some music while I arranged pictures and certain nicnacs on my shelves. My bedroom consisted of white walls, white bed with grey bedding and a grey wooden floor. I had ordered a white desking unit that doubled as a vanity. My bedroom was quite bright with white lights around my mirror and ceiling.

I showered in the once again, tiny bathroom before drying my hair and getting ready for bed, the heat had dropped dramatically from when I got into the shower to getting out which made my bed all the more comfy because it was the one thing providing heat in my small room.

'Tomorrow would be fine' I told myself but no matter what I said I knew something bad was going to happen, I could feel it.