0.2

Ria

Being late on my first day was definitely not the plan. My alarm was set for pm not am and now, running 15 minutes late with only underwear on, i try to dress myself. I quickly pulled my jeans up my legs before putting socks on, I ran to my bathroom quickly wetting my toothbrush and scrubbing my teeth.

I hoped back into my bedroom quickly throwing my shirt on and jacket before running downstairs and discarding my toothbrush into the kitchen sink. I had 15 minutes to get to school and it was a half an hour drive.

"Mom!" I screamed as I sat on the ground putting my converse on and swiping my hair up out of my face and into a messy bun atop my head.

"Mom!" I screamed louder when she didn't answer, she's not awake. You've got to be kidding me.

"What!?" She shouted back.

"I'm late!" I shouted up the stairs, I found my school bag before pulling a bottle of water from the fridge and putting it inside beside my purse and phone charger. Phone. Shit.

I ran back upstairs breaking a sweat to retrieve my phone laying on my bed. I quickly picked it up and sprayed deodorant on my arms and a spritz of perfume before taking a wet wipe and cleaning my face.

"What's wrong?" My mom asked as she stood in her nightgown with messy hair. I looked at her in shock. How could she not be dressed.

"I'm late! School starts in,- 10 minutes!" I said hurriedly. I began pushing her along with me down the stairs before picking my bag and keys along with hers and opening the door.

"But- I haven't had coffee and I'm not even dressed-"

"You can come back" I replied before jumping into the small car.

The whole ride there I was constantly telling her to hurry. I didn't want to be the new girl, but now I'd be the new and tardy girl.

"So, you nervous?" She smiled, all this time I had been focusing on getting to school, I never even thought about being nervous.

"Uh- not really" I replied, I didn't actually know if I was nervous or not because really, I just wanted the anxiety of being late over with.

"Well, it'll be fine even if you are." She smiled rubbing my leg. I smiled before my heart beat quickened at the sight of the school. People were still in the parking lot, some even only arriving. I wasn't late.

"Okay well have a good day babe, get the bus home and I'll see you for dinner" mom smiled as I jumped from the car and walked up the red bricked ground to the horrible yellow swinging doors.

I made my way through crowds of students, who thankfully didn't acknowledge me. The office was the first thing as you walked through the doors, I suppose it had to be. I found myself standing behind a group of students all speaking in hushed tones.

"Mr Cullen, I'm afraid you'll have to stay and fill out some forms before we put you back in the register" the receptionist said in a hushed tone. The boy, or man more so held a tight smile before nodding and taking a seat along the wall where I had walked by.

"Miss?" The receptionist spoke as I starred at the person sitting waiting.

"Oh uh- sorry, I'm Rianna Costello- I'm new" I smiled, my cheeks red.

"Oh yes, here we go, now if you'll just sign here and here"

I signed RC before I was given a time table and map of the school.

"I can get someone to show you around if you'd like" she smiled, her pearl lipstick on her yellow stained teeth, I shook my head, I was confident I'd find my own way around.

"No thank you, I think I'll be okay." I smiled before turning to see the man boy gone.

"Alright dear, have a good day"

-

I found my way to my music class where it wasn't really a class but an hour for all the musical students to practice their music. I sat in the back corner drawing squiggles on my book and reading. A girl with brown short hair had been starring at me for most of the class but I assumed it was because I was new here.

After music I followed a group of students to math class where the teacher had been absent, so students left and went to the library but I decided to go to the campus coffee shop. I had a free hour now and I heard a girl who I've come to know as Daya, say our bio teacher was on a field trip, so that's 2 free hours.

I entered the coffee shop to the strong smell of coffee, I noticed a small empty cubby in the far back. The coffee shop was mainly filled with stressed looking students studying and eating brown bagged lunches.

I slowly lined up and ordered a plain coffee before paying and gently sitting down and opening a book. I put in my earphones and played music quietly in the background of my mind as I read the predictable love story. I smiled reading the lines of the first time the male told his partner he loved her.   Pretty soon it was time for lunch, I packed up my bag before finishing my coffee and beading back to campus.

I found the cafeteria pretty quickly, it being the biggest building, and most packed place with students. I lined up when I saw the menu. Tacos. Yes.

I smiled as a guy in front of me asked me if I wanted to skip him because he was waiting for his friend, I thanked him obviously before filling my trey with tacos and a water.

"Ella!" A voice screamed, I continued to walk towards an empty table until arms wrap around me. For some reason I didn't feel the need to panic only to get knowledge of who or what was lifting me. I could feel their face in the corner of my neck and shoulder as if they were trying to mound into me. Th

"Ella" the voice said again, I froze at the breeze of their breath on me.

"Uh- my nam- I'm Ria" I whispered, it was the boy from reception.

"Edward, that's not Ella" the short haired girl who had been starring at me during music said sadly before pulling the boy, now named Edward from me.

"I'm sorry" I whispered. I don't know why I felt the need to apologise because he definitely should be apologising to me.

His eyes shut before he pushed the short haired girl from him and sped off through the crowd of students starring at me.

What just happened.