A Heart Full Of Love

"Hello, My sweet Brianna."

"Hi, Merry."

"It sure is nice to see you again. Mind if I come in?"

"Not at all."

Merry grinned at me and eagerly stepped through the front door of Bag End. He shoved his hands deep into his trouser pockets and looked up at the ceiling.

"Frodo isn't home, is he?" Merry asked.

Merry's question caught me by surprise. "Why do you ask?" I didn't know why Merry would ask me such a question. Why did he want to know why Frodo was home or not? Was Merry expecting to see Frodo this afternoon? I knew that Frodo wasn't home. He was shopping down at the market.

"I was just wondering." Merry answered, with a smug grin. "Where is he?"

"Frodo is down at the market." I said, suspiciously. "I don't understand why you want to know where he is. Was he supposed to meet you here?"

Merry shook his head. "No. The reason why I'm asking is because if Frodo isn't here, then we can spend more time together. I really want to spend more time with you." Merry grabbed my hand unexpectedly and kissed the top of it. Then, he massaged it with his thumb, in circular motions.

My dark green eyes widened. My heart rate began to quicken. "Y-y-you want to spend more time with me?" I asked, nervously. "Gosh, Merry. I-I-I don't know what to say."

Merry cocked his head in curiosity. He examined me like I was some kind of delicate creature. "Is everything alright, Bri?"

I shook my head quickly and swallowed deeply. I managed a crooked smile. "Um, yes. Everything is fine. I'm fine." I stammered.

"Are you sure? You don't look alright." Merry stepped forward.

"I-I-I'm fine. I'm really fine, Merry."

"You look nervous, Brianna. Why are you nervous?"

"N-N-Nervous? I'm....I'm not nervous. Not nervous at all."

"Yes, you are."

"No. Merry, I'm fine. I'm alright."

Merry held onto my shoulders and gazed into my eyes. "Are you intimidated by me, Bri?" He teased. I shook my head.

"Yes, you are." Merry whispered in my ear. I felt his warm breath against my face. "My dear Brianna. My love. I don't want you to be afraid of me. Why do you get so nervous whenever you're around me? Ah, Wait a minute. I think I know. You love me. You love me and you are just too afraid to say it. I know I'm a handsome hobbit. A really handsome hobbit. And you think that, too. I've got good looks, a great sense of humour, and I'm the most intelligent hobbit in the Shire. The rest of the hobbits are dim witted and dull. They have no brain." Merry pointed to his temple. "Luckily, I do. I also have a heart. A really big heart. I don't know how I can hold in so much love. And I don't know how you can hold so much love in that beautiful little heart."

I blushed. "You really think my heart is beautiful, Merry?"

Merry gently pressed his hands against both of my cheeks. "Aye, I truly do. I truly do." Merry's voice drifted into a gentle whisper. "Brianna. My darlin'. My sweet sweet angel."

I felt a chill growing down my spine. "Yes, Merry?"

"I promise to love you each and every single day." He said, seriously. "As long as I'm alive and there is still a beat in my heart, I will love you. Always. Brianna. Always. Never forget that. Never forget."

"I won't forget, Merry." I smiled.

"I know you won't." Merry replied, with a chuckle.