The Love That Binds Us

I was sitting in the dimly lit kitchen, enjoying some delicious biscuits that Frodo had baked. As I took a bite out of a biscuit, I took a small sip of goat milk from a glass that stood in front of me.
Frodo had invited Merry over to Bag End. Frodo was sitting quietly in the living room, admiring the bright orange flames that crackled in the fireplace. He was helping himself to a warm cup of tea. Merry was curiously wandering around Bag End, exploring the empty hallways. He even took a quick peak inside Frodo's study. Merry noticed that there were papers scattered all over Frodo's desk. A pile of books and an old map of Middle-Earth stood right beside it.
"What a mess." he thought. "Frodo should keep this place more tidy." Merry quietly shut the door and made his way towards the pantry to help himself to a small snack.
When Merry arrived at the pantry, he snatched a shiny red apple off of one of the shelves and took a large bite out of it. After Merry finished the apple, he stepped into the kitchen. He noticed that I was sitting all alone at the kitchen table.
As I was finishing off another savoury biscuit, I fetched the glass milk bottle that stood upon the table. I poured myself another glass of the creamy, white liquid. Merry approached me with a grin on his face. He tapped his finger on the edge of the table to get my attention.
"Well, well, well. It's nice to see you again, my lovely one." he said, charismatically. "What are you doing here?" I chuckled softly and stared down into my lap. "Frodo made me biscuits." I replied, timidly.
"Hmm. I see." said Merry. There were a couple more biscuits left on the plate. Merry slowly licked his lips. To him, the biscuits looked delectable. "May I have one?" he asked me, eagerly. "Sure." I smiled at Merry, with a twinkle in my eye.
"You want some milk, too?" I asked him, politely. Merry shook his head. "No, thank you." Merry snatched the biscuit off of the plate and shoved it in his mouth. "Mmm. Delicious." he said, while munching on the biscuit. "Who made these, again?" "Frodo." I replied. "I thought I already told you, Merry." "Oh, Right." Merry chuckled.
As I drank my milk, Merry set his elbow on the table, he rested his fist underneath his chin and watched me, attentively. Merry chuckled, quietly. "She's so beautiful." he thought. "I love her so much."
I set down my glass and fixated my gaze on Merry. It looked like he was star-struck. "Merry? Are you...alright?" Merry let out a loud huff. "Yes. I'm fine." "Why are you staring at me like that?"
Merry wrapped his arm around my shoulder and he traced his index finger around my jaw. He pulled me in close. "You're wonderful in every single way. You make me so happy. So happy."
Before he could try to kiss me, I could hear the sound of footsteps approaching the kitchen. It was Frodo.
Merry quickly removed his arm from my shoulder. When Frodo entered, he gazed at Merry and me. There was a smile on his face. Merry rose from the table. "I guess I'll be going, then. Farewell, Frodo. Farewell, Brianna. Have a wonderful evening." "You, too, Merry." replied Frodo. "Farewell."
Merry pecked me on the forehead and headed towards the front door. Frodo fixated his gaze on me. His eyes were like sapphires. "Did you enjoy those biscuits I made, my dear?" he asked me, in a polite manner. I nodded my head. "They were wonderful, Frodo. Thank you."
"You're very welcome." Frodo replied. He set a gentle hand upon my shoulder. I yawned, softly. "Let's get you to bed, Brianna. Follow me." said Frodo, in a tender voice.
I got up from the kitchen and followed Frodo to my bedroom. When we arrived at my room, I cocooned myself on my bed. Frodo tucked me in snugly and kissed me softly on my forehead. He ruffled my hair and whispered in my ear.
"Good night, my precious girl. May you have the sweetest dreams. Rest in peace. Rest in peace."