Hold Me While I Weep

In the middle of the evening, I found that I couldn't sleep. I had a horrible dream. I imagined that Frodo was very ill. I sat at his bedside, trying to comfort him. He gazed at me with sorrowful eyes. I tightly clutched Frodo's hands and I begged him not to leave me. The sickness was quickly spreading through his body. All of a sudden, Frodo had a horrible coughing fit. He slowly collapsed on his bed. Frodo had passed away. I sat there sobbing over his lifeless, pale body. I woke up in a fright. My body shook like a leaf.
I was surrounded in a sea of darkness. I clutched my bedsheets close to my chest and trembled in fear. Tears were slowly dripping from my eyes like a faucet. Drip, drip, drip. I slowly got up from my bed and tiptoed out of my room.
I passed by Frodo's study and quietly walked over to his bedroom. I took a hold of the doorknob on his bedroom door and twisted it, shakily. I gazed at Frodo and continued to cry. I sniffled, loudly. "F-F-Frodo?" I whimpered. "F-F-Frodo? Are...you alive?"
Frodo didn't answer. He was fast asleep. I slowly crept towards his bedside. My body tensed up and I felt my stomach caving in. "P-Please, wake up." I said, frailly. Frodo began to toss and turn in his bed. I sat down on his bed and I crawled towards him like a baby. I placed a hand on Frodo's cheek. "P-P-Please, wake up." I repeated. "D-D-Don't be dead."
All of a sudden, Frodo fluttered his eyes and he saw me sitting right beside him. "Hmm? Brianna, what...what's the matter?" he asked, in a drowsy voice. Frodo's eyes were halfway open. I sniffled, loudly. A small stream of mucus was flowing down from my red, puffy nose. I wiped away the mucus with the sleeve of my nightshirt.
"I...I...had a bad dream, Frodo. I thought you were dead." I shivered. "Dead?" replied Frodo. Frodo had noticed that I was shaking violently. He sleepily sat up and wrapped an arm around my back.
"I'm so afraid, Frodo." I said, in a small, shrill voice. "O-O-Oh, Frodo. I'm...so....afraid."
Frodo lifted his eyelids and gazed at me with his comforting blue eyes, which had many different shades to them. "There, there." he soothed. "It's alright. It's alright. I'm not dead. I'm not dead, I'm right here. I'm here, darling."
I felt Frodo pat my back, soothingly. "Oh, no. That dream must've been so horrible. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. If it makes you feel any better, would you like to snuggle beside me?"
"Mmm...hmm." I whimpered.
Frodo shuffled over to the right side of his bed to leave some room for me. I hopped into the bed and nestled myself in the cozy, warm sheets. "You can come closer, if you want to, darling." Frodo insisted. "O-O-Okay." I stuttered. "O-O-Okay."
Frodo clasped me in his comforting arms and held me close to his warm body, protectively. I felt his cold breath upon the back of my neck. Frodo brushed my tangled hair behind my ears and kissed me on my right temple. He cradled me and rocked me, gently. "There, there. Shh, shh, shh. Easy, easy, dear. Relax. Relax."
My heartbeat slowed down. I felt comfort and relief in Frodo's presence. I nestled my head in his soft, black curls and closed my eyes. "Hush, hush." Frodo lulled. "Hush, now. Sleep in peace. Sleep in peace. You are in safe hands. Sleep, now. Sleep. Sleep, my darling. Sleep."