I'm Always Here For You

I quietly crept into Frodo's room. Tears were streaming down my face. It was hard for me to breathe. My lungs felt like paper bags; thin and empty. I stood there, shaking like a leaf.
"Frodo." I wheezed. "F...Frodo? A...Are you awake?" There was no reply. Frodo was still fast asleep. My voice was too quiet. That's probably why he didn't hear me. So, I tiptoed over to his mattress.
"F..Frodo? Are you...a-a-awake?" I whimpered. "Please wake up, F-F-Frodo." I spoke up a bit so that Frodo could hear my voice. My face became flooded with tears. Crystal clear tears. It felt like my insides were about to cave in. I pressed my hands on my stomach and let out a shrill groan. "Ahhh! Oh...my stomach. Oh, F-F-Frodo. Please..." My voice became smaller and smaller. "F..F...Frodo. Please."

All of a sudden, Frodo slowly tossed and turned in his bed. His dark blue eyes opened. He saw me standing near him. He was quite surprised. "Bri...Brianna? Wh...what are...you..." "I'm scared, Frodo! I'm scared!" I pleaded. My face collapsed in my hands. I sobbed loudly. Frodo quickly became concerned. His bright eyes were more alert.

"What's the matter, dear?" Said Frodo, in a wispy voice. "What's troubling you?" Frodo allowed me to take a seat beside him on his mattress. I felt him wrap his arms around my waist. "I..h-h-had....b-b-bad...d-d-dream." I let out a forceful gasp. I was so overwhelmed. "I-I-It h-h-hurts, F-F-Fro...Fr-Frodo. H-h-help...m-m-me. H-h-h-help."
I had burst into tears. All of a sudden, Frodo had pulled me into a warm, secure embrace. He filtered his long gentle, silky fingers in my tangled brown hair. "I...I...I...I'm scared!" I whimpered. Frodo rocked me back and forth, trying his best to soothe me.
"Shh, shh, shh. It's alright. It's alright, dear. Let it out. Let it out." he said, in a soft spoken voice. I felt his warm breath in my ear. I buried my head inside Frodo's chest and cried out all of my tears.
Frodo gently massaged my back in gentle, circular motions. My heartbeat began to slow down. I quietly sniffled into Frodo's white nightshirt. "Shhh." He soothed again.
"Frodo...I don't think I'll be able to sleep." I whimpered. Frodo nodded his head. "May...I...stay here with you?" "Yes, you may, Brianna." he replied, with a smile.
Frodo lowered me gently into his bed and covered me with the soft bedsheets and the warm duvet. I felt protected. I felt safe in his presence. Frodo laid himself down beside me and cradled me in his arms.
"Remember, my dear, all nightmares must come to an end. They always do." Frodo whispered in my ear. My eyes drifted downwards. I found myself in a trance when I listened to the sound of Frodo's soothing voice. "They always do." he repeated. He kissed me on the forehead with his soft, warm, tender lips.
I fell asleep to the sound of the hobbit humming an old lullaby. Probably one that his parents taught him. Frodo closed his eyes, with a wide grin upon his face.