Chapter Eleven

_______August

Today I had to meet up with that guy and hand him the money. I can't believe I'm about to pay some nigga almost four million to keep his mouth shut. I arrived at the secret location my lawyers provided for the exchange. I seen him sitting at the table smiling thinking he was about to get paid.

I joined him at the table and looked him straight in the eyes. My momma always said you could tell a lot about a person from their eyes. I didn't get much from his eyes but his body language was sending mixed signals.

"So you got the money"

"No I'm just sitting here for fun"

"No need for the sarcasm, I was just asking a question"

"Well here's the money" I slid him the duffel bag containing half the money.

"This isn't how much we agreed on. A deal is a deal you can't be trusted".

"Actually I can be trusted you are the one who lied. I know you are giving orders to tell the grand jury I paid you off so Samantha can get out of jail"

His face instantly hit the floor and I seen his heart beating through his chest. I guess who thought I was some type of fool. Well the jokes on him and the feds. I had my tech guy tamper with the tape we recording of him agreeing to change his plead. I played it back for him and I could tell his palm was sweaty.

Now if the grand jury gets a hold of this new information he would be doing a lot of time in prison for bribery. He just sat there shaking his head and itching his palm. I took the duffel bag and started to walk outside.

"Is there another way we could work something out"

"You had your chance and you blew it. I'll let the feds handle you now. Don't try anything stupid because I have you daughter London outside in the car. I have someone with a gun to her head as we speak. This nigga started crying and pleading to spare her life and all this fuckery. I just laughed and said "You know what to do".

He nodded and pulled out his tracfone to make a call. I heard him say can I come in for a meeting. Now that I have that straightened out I need to find out when Samantha trial date is coming up.

My phone started ringing but I didn't recognized the number...

"Yo"

"I see you working hard to get your girl out of jail"

"Who the hell is the this? I don't have time for your games at the moment".

"Well I have a proposition for you. I can help you get Samantha out of jail of course legally".

"Mayne listen I don't have time for this.. I'm not continuing this conversation unless you state your name and how you got this number"

"Don't worry about how I got this number but its Tremaine".

I paused and tried to remember a nigga named Tremaine. After a minute of silence the only person to come to mind was her ex boyfriend. I already knew what he wanted in return.....

"So you want me to end things with her and let you have her".

"Excatly August I'm glad you are seeing things my way".

"I'm not seeing things your way, I need time to think about it".

I drove home fast and started to think what was really going on here. I need to find out who Tremaine is working for this is smelling real fishy.

________End of Chapter Eleven

Do you think August should take Tremaine offer or nah??

❤❤