Chapter Two

________Two Weeks Later

  It felt so good to have my mother back home where she belong. My brother hasn't been drinking as much as he use to. I still feel like something deep is going on but no one is saying anything. The only way I'm going to find out what's going on I need to call my auntie. If you want to find out some family dirt she's the lady to call. It was to risky to call her while everyone was here, so I ended up driving to her house. She lived thirty minutes outside of town so I had a journey ahead of me. 

  When I got to her house she looked so surprised that I was there. I haven't seen her in three years because of Jarell drinking problem. Our family seem divided by it, he really didn't have any control over it. She let me in after staring at me for eight hours. I just shook my head and walked in and sat at the kitchen table. 

"Auntie Joyce I need you to tell me why Jarell hate Brenda so much".

  Her face turned a bright red and she started sweating. It usually takes one drink and she singing like an carnary. I just stared at her while she got her self a drink. She poured me one too it is going to be a long night. 

"Why didn't you ask your brother this"

"No one answers me when I ask, he always changes the subject"

"I think its best if you don't know the truth. I'm all for family gossip but I can't tell you this one. I'm sorry Samantha but its best if you stop asking questions".

"This is some bullshit, what the hell happened. I want to know Auntie Joyce so you better pour another drink".

She stared at her empty glass and refilled it. She took a deep breath and she began to talk.

"Where do I begin Brenda second husband was listed as sex offender. Brenda knew about this but she kept him around you and your brother. He never touched you but he touched your brother. This was happening all under your mother nose, she didn't want to believe it. Jarell told his mother on numerous accounts what he was doing to him. She just called him a little liar and sent him on his way. One day Brenda came home from work and she heard moaning from upstairs. She thought he was with another woman but it was Jarell. He had Jarell tied to the bed while he performed oral sex on him. Brenda couldn't believe her eyes she screamed for him to stop but he didn't. The right thing to do was call the police or beat the living hell outta him. Jarell told me his mother just stood there while her husband sucked him off. This abuse kept on until Jarell thirteen birthday. The only reason it stopped because I step in and called the police on him. Brenda was going to let this keep happening and not do anything about it. Jarell never forgot what happen so when he drinks it helps his pain. Well until he sees his mother then he blacks out and fight her. He have a lot of anger build up from his childhood to now. Samantha it's so much more but I can't stand to talk anymore about it".

I couldn't believe what I was hearing my brother was molested. My mother allowed it to happened and she didnt do anything to stop it. I couldn't go back home to face her after hearing this. I will always love my mother but right now I hated her. I just want to go home and give my brother the biggest hug ever. I gave my aunt Joyce a hug and I proceeded to head home. I really didn't want to go home but I had no choice. An hour later I pulled up to my house and I heard a loud commotion. I really hope he wasn't drinking because I wasn't in the mood for it. I walked in and seen my brother dodging a lamp. My mother was the drunk one tonight, she never drinks. 

"Sis just go to your room you don't need to see this"

"What is going on now Jarell"