1

The wind howled menacingly.

I tried to close my eyes but the howl of the wind, and the bitter chillness it created kept me awake. I wrapped the blanket around me tighter and turned on my side, trying to get closer to the heat resonating from the small fire I had lit up a few feet away.

And then a strong wind blew in and killed that too.

I growled loudly as I sat up straight, and shouted, "That took me ages to light up!"

And my voice echoed through the cave.

I took in a deep breath and sighed. I glanced down at the blanket, which was on my lap, and bit my lower lip in the attempt to hold back my tears.

It had been three months since I walked out on everyone in Camp Jaha. It had been three months since I had found means to survive on my own. I had discovered an underground bunker not too far from Mount Weather and collected as many things as I could and lived in this cave since then. I would have stayed in the bunker, but I was more of an open-space type of person. The bunker would have felt like another prison for me.

Suddenly, through the howling of the wind, I heard multiple footsteps outside the cave. I threw the blanket off me and grabbed my dagger from under my sleeping bag. Covered in thick and bulky clothes, I slowly tiptoed my way out to get a clear look at who the visitors were.

Once I exited the cave, I manage to sneak behind a tall tree and climb it to get a clearer view.

Azgedian.

"Wait," one of them said to the other in Trigedasleng. They stopped and looked around suspiciously.

"What is it," the other asked.

"Do you smell that, Esop," he responded as he sniffed the air, "Smoke."

"Impossible," Esop unsheathed his weapon, "It must be a Trikru. Stay alert,"

They moved around, and eventually reached the tree I was on. They stopped and one of them, Esop, volunteered to go into the cave to check the intruder. The second he went in, cautiously and silent as I could, I lowered my self off the tree.

Perhaps the howl of the wind was a miracle.

Slowly, I approached the Azgedian Grounder and swiftly placed my dagger around his neck and he froze.

"Make a sound," I whispered into his ear in Trigedasleng, "and it'll be the last you make."

"What do you want," he asked.

"Take me to your Queen,"

---

Spending three months by myself in an unfamiliar territory had given me the opportunity to grow stronger and more vigilant. I realized that the direction I had taken from Mount Weather was towards a different land, which did not belong to Trikru. In fact, Azgeda and Trikru were allies, forced to merge unwillingly by Lexa.

Azgeda's lands were harsher than what I had to endure when I first landed on Earth. It was cold and white, and the Grounders were more vicious compared to Trikru.

Maybe except for an elderly couple who spoke English in a little town by the bunker I had discovered. One of them was an Azgedian warrior who had fallen in love with a Trikru healer and had decided to leave everything behind and be with each other. They taught me Trigedasleng, and how to maneuver around the land without being detected. They also taught me which herbs to use to treat myself if I ever get wounded.