twenty-five

RICH

I had met a boy one year ago. He was handsome, funny, and simply amazing. He had all the qualities I had ever asked for. The tone in his voice was mesmerizing and the shine in his eyes made me weak at the knees.

And even with his mesmerizing voice and shining eyes, my parents would never let me date him. They would never let me date an actor that didn't have his career in a firm position. He didn't have what my parents looked for.

"Dad, please!" I begged as tears flowed down my face. The hatred and anger in my father's eyes scared me as he looked at Asa.

"I love your daughter," Asa said with a pleasing look, "I would never hurt her."

My dad saw the love between us, the pleading in our eyes. He saw my heart breaking with every rejection he took. He could feel everything that I was feeling at that exact moment and nonetheless he yelled in my face like never before, " No. You are my daughter and will sure as hell never date a bastard like him. All the heard work, all the times I bought you everything, presented you to my friend to get their sons to marry you. And you do this to me? Fall for a lazy, dorky, and irrelevant bastard. No. I gave you everything so you could marry a successful man not an actor that can't even afford to buy your own house."

I looked at him in disbelief as I saw the tears wielding up in Asa's eyes. I quickly wrapped my arms around Asa's waist as I took my father's facial features in.

"Look, dad, you can't do this to me. I never wanted to fall in love or even marry a successful guy. Don't you see dad? I love Asa and you can't force me to not love him or love anyone else," At this point my face was the victim of a hurricane and I could feel myself about to faint from the crying I had done, "If you won't support my relationship with someone so important to me, with someone that I love and care about, then I'm leaving."

And without hearing another word from my dad I grabbed Asa's hand and ran towards the door and quickly left the house with giving absolutely no explanation to either of them.

I had a life to live and if my dad wasn't going to support me and let me love someone that brings out the best part of me, then I might as well leave him behind to deal with his own misery.

||

Hellooo. Okay, so I just wanted to say sorry for not updating for like two months? I'm not completely sure, but I just had a writer's block and I've been working on other things, that do not include writing, unfortunately.

But hopefully this will sort of make it up for you guys :))

I love you all and thank you for 3.8k views and 100+ votes. It means the world to me that you guys actually enjoy these.