one

HOW I MET YOUR FAMILY
part one

I had on a beautiful, white, plain dress. I also had black strapping heels that complimented my outfit. my hair was put up into a slick ponytail. on the other hand, asa's outfit looked...confused.

him, being the famous actor with a busy life, had come to visit me on a short notice. by short notice, i mean at 1am and the day before my younger sister's birthday.

i was tall, measuring at 5'10, but even with my heels on asa was taller. he had on a pale green button up with black jeans.

"no." was all I said and I immediately rummaged through his various and weird clothes. I ended up picking a navy blue button up with the same black skinny jeans and his adidas superstars.

"that's a bit better." I said.

"Wow, you sure are making me feel better." He snapped at me.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his large hand, "let's get going."

He simply nodded and we got into my car, which I decided he would drive since I have heels on, and we were out to attend my 10 year old sister's birthday.

•••

As we reached the house that was hosting my sister's birthday party I felt asa tense up.

I turned to look at him and smiled, " don't worry you'll be fine. You are quite amazing."

He smiled at me and took a breather, " I'm ready, let's go."

as we reached the house i saw all of my old friends and their parents. I had quite missed these type of gatherings. I smiled and greeted everyone while asa went to put the presents away.

A while after, asa came back and they all smiled and said in y/l "he's not that bad looking."

"Um, this is Asa, my boyfriend." I said smiling and grabbing his hands.

"Hello Asa." they all said and introduced themselves to him.

He was being bombarded with questions and I noticed that he didn't seem very comfortable so I walked over to them and grabbed his hand, "I'm going to go introduce him to everyone else."

They all nodded and my mom said, "hopefully your dad doesn't kill him."

I laughed and said, "Hopefully not."

We walked upstairs to where my old friends were at and they all turned around and hugged me.

The last person, y/f/c, came and whispered, "he's quite hot."

I glared at her jokingly and whispered back, "He's mine."

She laughed back and when I turned around to talk to asa he was gone. Then, subconsciously, I turned to where the televisions were located and saw him playing games with my cousin (male), c/n, and I simply smiled. I should've known that that was the first thing he'd do.

I walked over to him and yanked him up by the arm, "let's go. You need to meet my dad."

He groaned and told my cousin he'd be back. We walked downstairs and out to the backyard where the real party was at. The bouncy house and various games were going on. On the left corner, was my dad and his friends seated and drinking a couple of beers. I remember when I was younger how we'd go to my old best friend's house and our parents would watch soccer games and drink.

"Hey dad." I said while hugging him. Just like before I greeted everyone else and then said, "This is my boyfriend, Asa."

Suddenly, my dad got angry, but still shook Asa's hand. I knew that handshake would leave a mark. They all ended up talking for a while until I served Asa and I food and we went back upstairs for him to have fun and play video games, like every other day.

I was seated next to him when he kissed my cheek and said, " I love you and I'm glad I finally got the opportunity to meet your family. Maybe that'll get us to a higher level in this beautiful relationship with you."

I smiled and connected my lips with his for about 2 seconds since we were in a room with my cousins and friends, " I love you too, very much."

•••

706 words

written by; coconutsuns