twenty-three

CONFESSING OUR LOVE

CONFESSING OUR LOVE

_
_
_

I was sitting on my couch next to my best friend, Asa. He and I have been best friends since we were four years old. It was weird for people when we called each other best friends, but it is the only truth.

Lately though, he's been acting strange. He's been calling late at night just to ask me how I've been doing. He's been telling me day after day how much he loves me and doesn't want our friendship to end. It was sweet, but it wasn't like him and that scared me.

Asa was that best friend that wasn't very affectionate and he never told me that he loved me. He's usually joked around with me and said that I was ugly, although he always said "just joking. you're beautiful." at the end.

We were currently watching my favorite show The Flash and I couldn't be more happier just being cuddled up to him. He had been filming The Space Between Us and this was his only break to come and see me.

He had a huge smile plastered on his face as his left hand played with my hair. He had always loved my hair and said that it was one of his favorite parts of me.

"Y/N.?" He asked me as I turned around to see his blue eyes.

I smiled and asked, "What Asa? We're watching The Flash, my favorite show. This has to be important or I swear I'm going to kill you."

He laughed and shrugged slightly, "it is important and we both know you'd never kill me, you can't live without me."

I laughed and pinched his right cheek, "Whatever just spill the tea."

"I- y/n I love you. Not just as a friend, but as something more. I-I understand if you don't like me back, but I don't want this to get in the middle of our friend-" he said, but was cut off short by my lips attaching to his.

I don't know why I did it, but it felt amazing. I always thought of him as a friend, but him saying that just made me realize that the feelings were always way more. The kiss felt electrifying and butterflies were going off in my stomach. Our lips moved in perfect sync and that was when I realized that there was no denying or hiding the connection we've had since day one.

"I love you too Asa."

•¥•

413 words.

i hope you enjoyed :))