Chapter Twenty-Five

Start from the beginning

"Savannah, did you ask your brother about me?" Nick asked with a serious face.

"Yeah, I asked. He said we used to hang out then you suddenly never talked to me." I said knowing I couldn't remember a thing.

"And you still can't remember me?" He asked upset.

I shook my head. "I'm sorry Nick. I can't remember a lot of things from when I was little."

"I need to talk to you about something, but not here." Nick glanced around. "What are you doing after school?"

I shrugged. "Nothing, but why -."

"Questions later." He interrupted. "I just need to talk to you for a few minutes then you're free to go. Maybe that kid Eli could take us to the park, and then afterwards you can go straight home with him. I'll even ask Eli myself."

"What's this about?" I asked. "Why the sudden change of interest in me? You have never talked to me unless you were accusing me of something."

"Let's just say, I finally got some courage to talk to you."

I became confused. "Were you scared of talking to me before?" I asked.

Nick nodded. "I was, but not anymore." He looked away from me. "I'll talk to you later." Nick walked away.

 I turned around and noticed Eli behind me. Nick had already booked down the hall before I got a chance to see him walk away. I took out Charity's MP3 player and handed it to him before Eli said anything.

"Give this back to Charity for me." I said.

He nodded and stuck it in his sweatshirt pocket. Eli glanced over his shoulder and became confused. "Who were you talking to?" He asked concerned.

"His name is Nick; he's in my first class." I answered as I walked slowly down the hall.

Eli followed beside me. "Was there something he wanted?"

"Nick wanted to talk to me after school. He thought you could give us a ride to the park." I shrugged. "I'm not too sure what Nick wants, he wouldn't tell me."

"Doesn't that seem odd to you? I mean if you need to talk to him I can give you a ride to the park, I guess." He said not too sure. "Although I don't know why he can't talk here."

I shrugged. "Must be something he can't let anyone know about. Nick looks antsy, like he needs to tell me something important." I whispered. "I'll go and talk to him, as long as you can stay and give me a ride afterwards."

"If that's what you want." He said.

"Might as well," I whispered. "I'll see you after class, Eli." I hurried down the hall to my locker.

I quickly emptied my bag of excess books and kept the ones I needed. I glanced around being a little paranoid. No one I knew was around. Now that I know Joe wants to talk to with me, I more nervous than I've ever been. The only way to avoid him is if I have someone with me at all times. I can't be wandering off by myself, at least not for a while.

A hand touched my shoulder and I jerked around to see who it was. I calmed down after seeing Mrs. Hanes. That reminds me; I didn't go and see her after the weekend.

"I'm sorry; I didn't mean to scare you." She smiled and took her hand off from me. "I wanted to remind you to come and see me later."

I shut my locker. "Mrs. Hanes, excuse me for saying this, but I no longer need to come and see you. I am perfectly fine without the sessions."

"I thought you would say something like that. I would like to talk to your parents if you don't mind. I want to run through a couple of things with them."