Chapter 34- Moriarty, Jim

Millie's POV

----------------

Sherlock's sitting up when I look away from the door.

"Sherlock!"

He doesn't actually smile, but it's implied. He looks distracted.

"Is your hearing-?"

"It's fine. Well, I can still hear the noise, but it's not all encompassing."

"Good."

He nods, and looks around, pinpointing the location of the three security cameras. He gets up, and walks around the room, leaning in at different angles. I frown at him, unsure of his actions.

"What are you-?"

"Shh. Don't speak."

I raise my eyebrows, and sit back, watching him move around.

Five minutes pass, and he stands still, checking the camera directions one last time. 

"Perfect. Millie, stand here. Don't move from this spot."

I do as he says, suddenly understanding. It's the blind spot. If I stand here, with Sherlock behind me, he will be invisible- it's the one place that does not fall into the intersection of vision the cameras provide.

With my back to him, I can't see what's going on. I'm deeply curious, so I ask-

"Explain?"

He speaks quickly, and softly, to ensure that no near by English-speaking guards will hear.

"They used radio signals to torture me- they adjusted the frequency to achieve the high pitched whine. But I memorised the locational frequency. The radio itself was implanted into my ear- like a headphone, to maximise volume. They controlled it from afar. But-"

He breaks off to wince, as he disattaches the tiny radio from his ear.

"But now, I can use it to transmit our location on a global scale. I can only hope my brother will pick up the unusual increase in frequency, and trace it back to here."

"Brilliant," I breathe, eyeing the cameras in the room- "You're sure they can't see you?"

"Positive."

He adjusts the radio, then straightens up, satisfied.

"Now we wait. And hope that my brother uses his brain."

------------

Emily's POV

------------

"What do you think they're going to do with us, after they've finished with him?" asks John, grimacing as his applies fresh water to the scabs on his back.

"No idea. Probably start the cycle again," I say, sighing and lying down on the mattress.

"We really screwed up, didn't we? I say we, but I told Sherlock that pre-paid plane tickets were just too convenient. But, being the self-righteous dickhead he is, he just couldn't resist the mystery-"

I laugh-

"Yeah, I know. But I'm no better."

"I swear it's a genius thing. No offence, but you're all so obsessed with the details and don't notice something that's glaringly obvious."

"Shut up," I laugh, pouting- "You didn't have to come, you know."

John just grumbles at me.