Chapter 24- Destruction

Millie's POV

----------------

John told us about the encounter with Moriarty. About walking in to an unexpected scenario. It's strange, though, because I'm still not certain either of them can feel lust. Was it purely blunt manipulation, or was there genuine emotion behind the actions?

Somehow, I doubt it.

Emily Schott is a self-destructive person. Anyone who allows themselves to get into that situation has to be.

That means you are too, Millie. Remember?

I ignore my thoughts.

And Elena's discovery. Emily was verging on unstable herself when she heard about Moriarty's involvement with her sister's "death".

I just hope she's calmed down enough to regain control, before she does anything extreme:

Moriarty will not continue.

-----------------

Emily's POV

I'm angry. Really, really angry. More so than I have been in a long time.

I'm angry at myself. For allowing myself to get involved with Jim Moriarty. Because now I have to look at the face that was grinning against mine, and watch the life slowly drain from it. I pick up the apple that seems to be everywhere; two bites. I'm not sure if I want him dead. That's too easy. I want him to suffer. I dig my fingers into the apple, cracking it. If what they're saying is true, and he was responsible for the grief I had to go through, for my sister's mental dilapidation- I stop thinking, because my thoughts become too dark to handle logically.

You liked him though, you did. The danger was attractive. You saw a bit of you in him, and you liked it.

I split the apple in half.

I need to see her. I need to see Elena. I'm still internally reeling from the concept that she actually killed someone. I mean, I knew she was capable of it; we both are. We were trained from childhood to fight, to kill. I decided that physical reflex was not as useful as mental abilities, so I stopped, although I do use it for defence- but Elena never really understood the difference between the two. 

Sherlock told me he would attempt to get in contact with her again. I can't wait for that, I need to see her now. Agitated, I throw the pieces of apple across the room and begin pacing. I pull out my unused laptop, and begin coding a new attacking software. When it's complete, I begin the assault on Moriarty's database, again. I know he said that he didn't keep anything of importance in there, but there might be some indication of his involvement with my sister. I need to see proof.

Or maybe you're just hoping they're wrong.

My hacking is ruthless. I delete and corrupt, not caring about subtlety or detection. I just want to get the job done. I crash file after file, going back through years of records: hundreds of people murdered, imprisoned, tortured- I don't care. 2003. Deleted. 2002. Deleted. 2001-

I stop.

Elena Ann Schott_ Location_ Unknown_Priority_Low_Status_Alive: Record:://Deceased

My pulse stops, and I fight to suppress an internal clench of emotion. Moriarty was responsible. Truth be told, I didn't want him to be. But he was, and he will be made to suffer accordingly.

The laptop whirs violently, and I know that Moriarty has been alerted to my hack. Well it was obvious, I wasn't trying to be undetectable. Not this time. Then the assault begins. I sit back, and do absolutely nothing. I want him to trace the hack back to me. I want him to know that it's beginning of the end. I smile humorlessly as I imagine him trying to understand my reasoning for the break in. He won't know why I'm doing this, not yet.