Chapter 18- Absolutely

Millie's POV

-------------

"And you're certain that she was talking about Moriarty?"

"It was implied, yes. Although she didn't directly state it."

"She's completely aware of the fact he's using her for leverage?"

"It looked that way."

Sherlock nods, and stops pacing for a moment-

"This time, we're ready. We won't make the same mistakes."

"Hang on", interjects John, who's been unusually silent whilst I've been informing them about Emily and the events of last night, "Moriarty bit Emily?!"

We blink at him, confused.

"Yes."

"What is it about him? Seriously, that man's a psychopath. As in, he's insane. Why are women so inexplicably attracted to him? Why is it never the doctors who get the attention?" John says, crossing his arms and looking round at us accusingly.

Sherlock frowns, then continues, ignoring John completely-

"Is she still working with him? Did she tell you that?"

"No, she didn't. I don't think so, not at the moment. Though I expect he'll get in contact again at some point."

Sherlock pulls out his phone and starts texting rapidly.

"What are you doing?" ask John, still irritated about his unanswered question.

"Solving a mystery."

------------------

Half an hour later, and there's a knock on the door.

-------------------

Emily's POV

The door is answered by an unhappy John Watson, who begrudgingly invites me in.

I go over to the sofa and sit down heavily, yawning. I haven't slept properly since the gathering.

"What can I help you with?" I say, after the silence becomes somewhat unnerving.

Sherlock doesn't move or speak, he just continues to stare at me over steepled fingers, not blinking, just observing. Millie looks like she's trying to find the right words to say. John sighs, and says-

"They want to know if you're still working with him. With Moriarty."

I look at them, confused.

"You made me come all the way over here to ask me that? Why didn't you just text me?"

"Because we thought that he might have access to your phone. We couldn't risk it," says Millie, frowning.

I roll my eyes.

"What concern is it of yours if I work with him or not? It's not affecting your game-"

"It is," says Sherlock suddenly. We all turn to look at him.

"Care to elaborate?" I ask.

Millie studies Sherlock for a bit, then says-

"We think that he's using you to get to us. Like you said, he's trying to manipulate you and use you to his advantage. Has he mentioned anything, about us, to you?"

Get close to them.

Unfinished business.

"No, he hasn't said anything," I lie.