Chapter 31- Shon, Millie

Emily's POV

--------------

The door unlocks.

We all look up. John's regained some control, now that he's here, with Sherlock, and that he's had some sleep. We washed off his wounds with water from the sink. I think that helped.

"You."

The guard points at Sherlock.

"What- no, please, don't-" begins John, trying to sit up.

Sherlock stands up stiffly, his face set, and follows the guard out of the room. I watch at the door. He doesn't get led into the same room as John. I frown in confusion as I see him being led to the cell with Millie and Moriarty inside. There's the noise of heavy metal being shifted. And then people moving.

Sherlock is pushed into the cell. 

Millie is dragged out.

And then she's directed to the room.

They're rotating us. Making sure we don't get too comfortable with one another.

Moriarty will be thrilled with the re-arrangement.

"They took Millie. Sherlock swapped cells," I tell John, who's desperately trying to stand up, but keeps getting knocked back down by pain.

His face contorts-

"Millie? Oh god-"

"She's strong. She'll be alright."

I sit down on my bed, feeling awful. This is all because of me. They're being tortured because of me.

"John?"

"Yes?"

"Do you think I should tell them? Sherlock doesn't want me to. But I can't keep letting you-"

"Emily. Listen to me," he says, sitting up and looking me in the eyes- "I went through hell, back there. But I didn't break. I wouldn't give you up like that. Respect that, please. Don't tell them anything."

I nod.

We wait until nightfall.

Having been in prison before, I'm finding this experience very different.

Treat us by day. Torture us by night.

The food is decent. The showers have warm water. The beds are comfortable.

The sun sets.

The screaming starts.

It's a malicious cycle.

----------------

Millie's POV

--------------

"Who is it?"

I shake my head, my fists clenched, my jaw set.

I won't tell them.

XenLin nods, slowly.

They press the button.

I scream again,momentarily blinded by the pain that runs through every vein, every artifice, every surface. My muscles contract involuntarily, and my skin burns.

And then it stops.

I pant, trying to regain some control.

I can't keep screaming. It's like Moriarty said- it would be agony for Sherlock, and for John.