fourteen

Later that day, Sehun and Baekhyun were driving home from the hospital. Baekhyun was sitting in the backseat, gently rocking the baby carriage back and forth as Jisoo (their baby girl) slowly drifted off to sleep.

«Jisoo's first birthday»

Jisoo sat in a tiny chair, as lots of her cousins and friends were seated along the table as they watched her attempted to blow out the candles, but all that came out of her mouth was spit.

Sehun and Baekhyun laughed.

"Want Poppy to help?" Baekhyun offered, leaning over beside Jisoo. Jisoo shook her head, pushing him away with her little baby hands. Poppy is what Jisoo would cal Baekhyun, so there is no confusion between Sehun and Baekhyun when she says "daddy."

Jisoo's cousin, Taemin, rolled his eyes as he let out a deep huff. He couldn't wait any longer, he just wanted some cake! He leaned forward and swiftly blew out the candles as Jisoo began to tear up.

"Awwae, Jisoo, shush!" Baekhyun whimpered, grabbing her as he cradled her in his arms.

Sehun shot Taemin a dirty look as he shrugged, slipping some of the icing onto his finger and licking it in annoyance.

«Jisoo (2 years old)»

Jisoo could just barely talk. She could say a few words, like Poppy, Daddy, or doggie, and that was about it.

Jisoo was definitely a sucker for animals. Whenever she saw one she would squeal and run up to it, wanting to hug it (as of she does, squeeze it.)

Jisoo loved doing puzzles with her Poppy, and they would often do the "Princess Pets" one.

Jisoo, being Jisoo, she would always choose the mermaid cat, and would make Baekhyun be the dog prince.

But Baekhyun didn't mind-- he would just want his little boo to be happy.

Same goes with Sehun-- he would do anything, and I mean anything to make his princess happy. He was scared for when Jisoo would get older and get more interested in boys and stuff.

He made an oath; if a boy hurts Jisoo, the boy gets hurt.

And Sehun would stick to that promise.

No matter what.

«Jisoo (age 3)»

On Jisoo's third birthday, Daddy and Poppy surprised her with a little puppy. It was a fluffy little Pomeranian named Baozi, and Jisoo was obsessed with it. Baozi was very friendly towards little Jisoo, and was gentle when he wanted to go up and sit down on her or cuddle her.

~

So far, Sehun and Baekhyun's life was great. Perfect, actually. They had their little three year old princess, who was amazing. She loved to play dress-up with Baekhyun, and Sehun would sometimes paint her nails pink or blue.

Jisoo loved arts and crafts-- and so did her Poppy. He had a few tiny bottles of glitter-- which, Jisoo had gotten into and made a huge mess. By the end of the day, everything was dosed in sparkles.

The couch, the sink, the walls-- even the dog.

Again, their life was perfect. No Namjoon, no bullying, they got to take a whole five years off of school-- they still have two more years to go.

They were happy.

And they liked to be happy.

~