twelve

«Sehun»

"Baekhyun-ah!" I exclaim, as I run over to him. He slowly lifts himself up as he rubs his eyes, and clicks his lips together a couple times.

"I made breakfast," I say, handing him a plate full of eggs and toast. "Awwe, thanks Sehunnie, but I'm pregnant, not royalty." Baekhyun jokes.

"Oh, so you won't mind if I eat it myself," I smirk as I slowly grab the plate and bring it forward to me before Baekhyun aggressively snatches it back. "NO! I still want to eat it..." he says sheepishly and I chuckle. He smiles, taking a big scoop of eggs and placing it into his mouth.

~

"Baekhyun, pack your bags," I demand and he frowns a little bit, looking down at a picture with the slightest bit of sadness in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" I ask, waddling over to him as I take the picture, only to see a little boy standing next to his parents. You could just see tiny cuts scraped along his arms, one-by-one.

"Who's this, chickie?" I wonder and Baekhyun sighs in response. "Sehun, the other day wasn't my first time cutting, okay?" is all he says before walking away, grabbing back the frame.

«Baekhyun»

I just changed so much. Back when I was about 10 years old, I wasn't really a nerd at all. Actually, I was pretty much the opposite.

I was the stupidest kid in my class. All I got was F's. It's kinda sad, how people will bully you for not being smart enough, and then they'll bully you for being too smart. Ugh.

I wasn't exactly the best kid back then. I was extremely stubborn. I would go out with my one (and only) friend MinYu, and we would do bad stuff that we thought was funny.

We once even threw eggs at cop cars, and got in serious trouble. We would jump in front of cars and then would hop to the side when they got close enough. But one day it went wrong.

Extremely wrong.

MinYu didn't jump away in time, and the car hit him. I didn't even know what to do. I was in so much shock. I just stood there, and stared at the lifeless body of my best friend. Soon, some police cars noticed and called for some ambulances. But even after that, it was too late.

I just blinked once..

And he was gone.

That's when I started cutting. I was all alone. MinYu was, again, my only friend. The only friend that understood me. The only friend I'll ever have.

Elementary days passed, and I started getting more focused on high school. I began to study more often and became a straight A student.

I was still alone, though. I was sometimes mocked or scolded when people would pass me in the halls. They called the place where I always sat the "kitty corner." Some people would call me "kit-kat" but no one actually knew my name.

I stopped cutting when I met Sehun.

He came across me in the crowded hallways and looked at me with his glowing, chocolatey brown orbs. He chuckled dreamily. I thought I was looking at the man of my dreams, until he grabbed my notebook. My eyes shot wide open as he read the paragraphs out loud.

Luckily no one heard, but I was still offended.

That was until he handed it back and smiled. He told me his name and offered to walk me to class. The thought of him being the man of my dreams popped into my head once again.

I blushed uncontrollably, giggling and playing with my hair like a little girl. I felt like I could finally be myself around someone like him.

I would tell him all my secrets. My past crushes for the boys of the football team.

When I used to egg my neighbours house.

When I once got stuck in a barrel at summer camp (in front of all the other boys, who would laugh at me for it.)

But I wouldn't dare to tell him about my cuts.

I would just seamlessly blame them on my non-existing cat.

If I told him, I thought he would leave me.

I thought my first ever love would leave me.

When we officially got together, I thought he would make me popular, finally turn me into a somebody. But my expectations flipped backwards, and I turned him into a nobody.

That's when I started getting bullied. Again.

And I brought back the knife that I once slit my wrists with.

And I thought Sehun wouldn't notice.

But worse; he saw me do it in person.

Luckily he still loves me.

And I love him too.

~

Okay, so pretty much this chapter was Baekhyun's childhood. Yes, it was very depressing, and I'm sorry :/ BUT the end was a little bit cute, ended with some love.

Ayeee 800 words ;) lmao I thought this would only be like 500 tho. Anyways, thanx for reading lovelies! Byeee, xoxo!

BTW; IM SO SORRY I HAVENT BEEN UPDATING😭I'm so caught up in other stuff, even though I'm on spring break.

But I still adore all you lovelies, and I try my best to update as often as possible to make you all satisfied. Thx, readers~