28. Perrie!

Monday Afternoon on the Dot

Zayn

I got off work early because I was bored. Plus I wanted to spend the rest of my night with Perrie before my plane jets off to America. I was going to miss her. We'd never been far away from each other so long. The longest time was for two days when I went to a conference in Paris. I was going to California for a couple of weeks. It sucked that I couldn't be here for her and that she couldn't come with me because of doctors orders. At least I'd be here when our twins come out. I had my scheduled cleared for that so nothing comes in the way.

I pulled up to my street and there are police cars, an ambulance, and a crime scenes investigator truck lined up on the block. As I get closer, I realize they're at my house. I know it's not good and that Perrie did not give birth because it is way too early and CSI would not be here.

I press the gas and ride as fast as I can to my house. There are so many people on my lawn and walking in and out of my house. I get out of the car and rush myself past the police officers who are trying to hold me back, they won't listen to me. I shout that this is my house. I see a neighbor who confirms I'm the home owner.

I run inside of the house calling out Perrie's name. She's not answering me. All I see is a lot of blood. It's literally everywhere. I run up the stairs following the blood trail that's on the wooden floor. I can tell that whoever did this dragged Perrie across the floor. Her tiny hand prints were on the wall as well.

I get to the bedroom and see Perrie's phone on the floor. It has blood on it and it's partially smashed in, but I can see the first few numbers in my phone number on the screen. I walk further into the room following the blood trail. I stopped at the closet where the blood trail ends for me, but where it most likely began.

There are clothes and jewelry everywhere. The island was basically smashed to pieces. I had it specially made for Perrie because she had seen one that she loved so much on the internet. I had just got it too. There was glass covered blood all over the floor.

I started crying. I ran back down the stairs and outside. I asked around if Perrie was here and they told me that they received a call to come here from a panicked stricken woman. They also told me that no one was home and the front door was wide open when they arrived. Our dogs were okay and sitting on the porch.

"Debbie! Have you seen Perrie?" I yell into the phone. Tears stream down my face.

"No," she asks. "Is everything okay? What's wrong, love?"

"I just, I don't k-know what t-t-to do and--"

"Why are you crying?" she questions in a frenzy. "Zayn?"

"I came home," I was crying really hard and it was uncontrollable. I'd wipe my tears, but they'd fall back more drastically. "There's b-b-blood everywhere and she's n-not, she not here and there's glass a-and the-"

"Oh, God! I'm gonna call Alex and we're gonna... Oh, my God!" Debbie screams. "I'll call you back! Alex!"

Wait-- Debbie...

I fell down in the grass and continued to cry. A neighbor came over and laid with me. She was a four year old girl name Susanna. She liked to play with Hatchi and her older sister Meredith liked to dog sit and offered to babysit when the time came. Susanna hugged me tightly and told me that it was going to be okay. Her sweet and soft voice was not making me feel better, but I appreciated the comfort.

"Dr. Malik? My name is Cheryl McLeod," a woman with shirt brown hair and grey eyes says. "I'm with the police. I'd like to ask you a few questions if you're fine with that."