Chapter Eighteen

Noah, where are you?

Many hours had passed since the explosion had happened. There was still no word from Noah. Mr and Mrs Andrews, Esme, Elena, the house staff, and I all sat in the living room as we intently watched the news.

"We have just received word that a body has been found." The news lady said, listening to her ear piece.

It's not Noah. It can't be Noah.

"The body has no identification on him but the coroner has confirmed the victim is a male." The reporter continues.

My body is frozen in shock. Complete and utter shock. Noah can't be the one they found, not when I just got him back. He can't leave me like his.

Mrs Andrews and Elena were sobbing loudly.

"My poor boo bear." Elena cried.

What the fuck is her problem, honestly? Noah broke up with her and told her to get out. So why is she still fucking here? Why does she think she has the right to grieve over someone who hated her?! I just want her to fucking leave already!

Esme's hand squeezed mine. "You okay?"

I turned to look at her, I couldn't speak. I couldn't even think. I just stared at Esme.

How could this be happening? Noah was so young, he was in his first year of teaching, he was still living at home. I had just found him. I'd fallen in love with him. And now he's been torn away from me? What kind of cruel world do we live in where someone is blown up? Killed at such a young age? Murdered? What kind of world lets things like this happen?

I'll tell you what world, it is this fucking up planet we call Earth. 

If there is a god out there, then how can he stand by why people are being murdered? Raped? Abused? How could any god let his own people go through such horrible things?!

Cause god is a fucking greedy bastard who likes to see people suffer, that is if there is even a god out there.

I felt emotionless, yes I was incredibly sad, angry even. But I wasn't crying, I wasn't trembling. I had a blank and neutral face. I felt like this was just some fucked up dream that I was going to wake up from any minute, but that minute never came. I felt dead inside, like my whole soul had been ripped away from me.

I turned back to the TV to see the reporter was listening to her ear piece again. "We have gotten more reports that the body found inside the main building, was holding some form of explosives. We do not yet know which kind nor if it was what caused such a large explosion, but he has now become the top suspect."

No, that's not Noah. Noah would never blow up the campus. He would never.

So where is he? Is he okay? Is he alive? Is he trapped under the rubble? Is he ever going to come back?

It was pitch black outside now, no one had moved for the past few hours. There hasn't been any news about Noah, nor anything really. I was beyond worried.

My head snapped up when I heard feet running in the halls, I'm pretty sure everyone's heads did. We all looked at the closed door that led from the living room to the hall way. The footsteps grew louder and closer, and eventually started slowing down.

I could hear my heart pounding in my ears, everything around me seemed to slow down.

The door slowly inched open. A foot popped into the room, followed by another, a pair of legs attached to the feet, and a torso, two arms, a neck, and a head. Noah's head. Noah's body...... Noah.

Mrs Andrews raced over to him, enveloping him into a motherly bear hug. Mr Andrews followed after and pulled his son and wife into a hug. Esme stood up and rushed over to her family, pushing her way into the middle of the hug.

After a few minutes Noah was the one who pulled away. "I'm sorry, but I just really need to see my girl." Noah tells his family.

Elena races forward. "Oh, boo bear. I knew you'd come back. I'll give you another chance baby, I forgive you." She goes to wrap her arms around Noah, but he side steps her. "Noah! What have I told you about being mean to me?" She pouts.

"And what have I told you about leaving my house?" He counters as he walks over to me. "You're my girl." He tells me and pulls me into a hug.

I wrap my arms around his waist and start sobbing into his chest. All my worries, and emotions from not knowing if he's alive or not comes out and leaks onto his shirt. I let everything out, not bothering to hold back. I don't care if he see's me like this. I'm just grateful he is here, alive, and unhurt. I pull back quickly. "You... you're not h-hurt, a-are you?" I ask.

Noah shakes his head and cups my face in his hands. "I'm perfectly fine, my Alanna-Belle. I'm sorry I took so long."

"I don't care about that, well I do, but the main thing is that you're okay and you're here." I squeeze him and dig my head into his chest.

Noah chuckles. "Yeah, I'm right here with you. Where I belong." Noah kissed the top of my head.

"What happened?" I asked, pulling my face slightly out of his chest so I could talk.

He sighs. "Can we talk about that in the morning? It's late and I just want to spend some time with you." Noah pauses. "You're also sick Alanna-Belle, so you shouldn't stay up to late."

I shake my head. "I'm fine, I want to stay up with you."

"I know, how about we stay up together until we fall asleep?" Noah asks and wipes my cheeks free of tears.

I nod.

Noah smiles down at me. "Let's go up to bed then." Noah says shortly before picking me up in his arms, wrapping my legs around his hips, before walking us out of the now empty living room and up to the third floor. 

The third floor only has Noah's room, his bathroom, and storage rooms. It's basically a large attic.

Noah slowly lowers us onto his bed, he sits down with me still wrapped around him. 

I adjust myself so that I'm more comfortable, which ends up with me straddling him and laying my head in the crook of his neck. "You had me worried Noah." I confess to him quietly.

"I know, and I'm so sorry. I was scared I'd never see you again." He pulls me tighter against him.

I look up at him. "Noah?"

"Hmmm?" He looks down at me.

I smile. "I like this, hugging you, being close to you."

"Me too Alanna-Belle, me too." He says and pecks the tip of my nose with his lips.

*****

Comment and Vote