Chapter Six

I quickly pulled on a pair of black leggings and a baggy t-shirt. I walked out of the bathroom and back into the dorm, Noah smiled up at me from where he sat at the end of my bed. I blushed, feeling his eyes looking at me made me nervous. "Do... Do I look ok?" I asked.

Noah stood up and nodded. "You look beautiful as always." Noah glanced towards the window and his smile dropped. "A storm's coming, you should take a jacket or a warm jumper."

I shrugged. "I don't really have any that feel comfortable, I'll go and buy some next weekend though." I say and head for the door.

"Wait wait wait." Noah called out, it reminded me of a kid who didn't want his crush to leave... not that he's crushing on me, he's definitely not crushing on me.

I turned back to him. "You okay?" I asked with a smile.

Noah nodded and pulled me into a hug. After a few minutes he pulled away and pulled his grey jumper over his head. "I don't want you getting sick." He said holding the jumper out to me.

I looked at him confused. "I'm fine." I say.

Noah smiles and puts the hoodie over my head. "We can't have you getting sick now." He said as he pulled my arms through the sleeves. Noah slowly lowered the hood off my head, his fingers brushed against my cheeks lingering for a few seconds.

I smiled up at him. "Thank you." My voice came out as barely a whisper.

Noah smiled and put his hands on my hips. "Anytime. You should go spend some time with your mum and dad."

I smiled and shook my head. "He is my dad, but she's not my mum." I said.

Noah looked at me confused. "I'm sorry for prying, but why isn't your mum here with your dad?"

I sighed. "My parents split up a month or two ago, they'd be separated for the past few years but decided to get a divorce. The woman is my dads partner." I say. It didn't bother me that my parents got a divorce, they were always fighting and they stopped loving each other a long time ago. They both seem happier now that everything is finalized.

"I'm sorry. Do you like his new girlfriend?" Noah asked.

I started laughing. "They're not together together. Well I don't want to know if they are. But they work together. They're partners on the force."

Noah's face goes bright red. "Oh..."

I smile. My left hand cups his cheek. "You're adorable."

"No you are." He says in a girly voice.

A knock comes to the door startling me. "Alanna, you almost ready?"

I pull away from Noah and nod. "Yup." I reply to dad with a strained voice. I walk out the door.

Noah comes out behind me and shuts the door to the dorm. "I'll talk to you later." He says with a smile before turning to my dad. "Sir." He says before walking away.

"Boy." Dad says in his overprotective voice. 

Noah stops in his tracks. He turns slowly. He looks at my dad. "Yes, Sir?"

Dad looks at me for a second. "Is my daughter wearing your jumper?"

"Dad!" I say embarrassed. "Can we just go get something to eat daddy?"

"Alanna, I'm just asking an innocent question." Dad gives me a look to say that he wont do any harm, but he's a cop, so that's kind of questionable. "Now boy, back to my question. That is the jumper you answered my daughters door in, isn't it?" Dad crossed his arms over his chest.

"Yes sir." Noah said, he didn't seem phased that my dad was using his cop voice.

Dad sighed. "Why is my daughter wearing the jumper you were wearing ten minutes ago?"

Noah smiled at me. "I didn't want her getting sick. There is a storm coming in, sir." Noah explained.

Dad nodded and looked at me. "Alrighty then."

After that awkward encounter, dad invited Noah to lunch, Noah kindly declined as he had lunch with his own family. Noah kissed me on the cheek before leaving. Dad assumed that because he did that that we were together. I told him over and over that we were just friends.

"Daddy, him and I aren't like that,"

"Then why did he give you his jumper?"

"Cause he didn't want me getting sick!"

"Sick, or attracting the attention of other men?"

"Daddy!"

"What? He obviously wants to keep you safe."

"Yes, because we're friends."

"Friends? Right, that's why he kissed you."

"On the cheek!"

"Are you using protection?"

"Daddy! We're not having.... sex!"

"Then why did you stutter?"

"I don't want to talk about it." 

"You said that the last time you got caught having a boyfriend!"

"He wasn't my boyfriend!"

"Then why did he turn up at your mothers house?"

"He.... He what?"

"Your boyfriend turned up a few weeks ago, saying he wanted to surprise you. I expected him to be here, not that boy!"

My breathing stopped, everything around me started going in slow motion. The room started spinning. He had gone to see my mum?

"Alanna?" 

"Daniel, maybe just give her a minute."

"No, somethings wrong. Alanna, what's wrong?"

I think I'm going to be sick.

Nope... I'm definitely going to be sick.

"Alanna-Belle?"

"N...Noah?"

*****

Comment and Vote

What did you think?