Chapter Sixteen

I sat in the front passengers seat of Noah's car as he drove us to his house. He kept telling me we were almost there. He was holding my hand and had been for the past half an hour. I looked up at him nervously. "What if he follows us here, I don't want to put you nor your family in any danger." I tell him.

Noah sighs and brings my knuckles to his lips, kissing them softly. "You're not putting us in any danger, we are keeping you safe. And if he does follow us, then I don't think he is stupid enough to make a move while we're all there. Stop fretting Alanna-Belle." He tells me with a warm smile.

I can't help but smile back. "How much further?" I ask.

"We're here." He chuckles.

I look around confused. "Noah, we're in the middle of a forest, now unless you live in some really cool tree house, then I don't think we're at your house." I tell him.

Noah gives me a look. "You've been here before, how could you not know?"

"Noah, I was sleeping when Esme drove me back to the dorms." I tell him.

Noah sighs. "Okay, well no this is not the house, nor is it a cool tree house. But this is our property, the house is a few kilometers further up the road." He explains.

I nod. "Oh, makes sense."

Noah chuckles and kisses my knuckles again.

We sit in silence the rest of the drive, a peaceful and comfortable silence. We pulled up outside the giant house. No matter how many times I've seen this house, it will never cease to amaze me at how extravagant it looks. It was stone with ivy running up the walls giving it that older look. 

I saw as Esme ran out the front doors, a huge smile on her face. I smiled back at her, taking my hand away from Noah, and waving quickly and excitedly. 

The next person who walked out the door made my smile drop. Elena. 

I heard Noah mutter some form of cuss word under his breath, either that she was here or my reaction to her being here. I got out the car and walked over to Esme. 

Elena bumped against my shoulder purposely. "Watch it." She screeches.

"Elena." Noah says in a warning tone, getting out of the car.

"Babyyyyyy." She squeals, running over to him and jumping into his arms.

Esme makes gagging noises from next to me, making me laugh. 

We both earn a glare from Elena.

"Let's go somewhere a little more private, where the children aren't" Elena says to Noah.

Noah sighs and rolls his eyes. "I have to help bring the bags in." 

Elena crosses her arms over her chest. "Can your sister and her friend not do it themselves? Are they incapable of lifting?" She sounds mad.

Noah chuckles. "Elena, I'm going to take the bags in." He says sternly as he walks around to the boot.

"Fine, whatever. Just come join me in the shower once your done." She says and runs inside.

It's my turn to gag, but my gag is real. "Ummm, ewww." I whisper to Esme, making her laugh.

"Honey, trust me. If you had a piece of arm candy that you were screwing, you'd have fun in the shower too." Esme whispers back.

I raise an eyebrow at her. "So you think about your brother screwing?" I laugh.

"Esme, please stop thinking about me screwing, that's just screwed." Noah laughed as he walked past us with my suit case.

Esme and I followed after him and we all walked in silence until we got to Esme's room on the second floor. "Thank you servant, that shall be all." Esme said dismissively to her brother.

Noah rolled his eyes before saluting and walking out, shutting the door behind him.

"I'm going to the kitchen, you want anything?" Esme asked.

I shook my head. "No, I'm all good."

It was now dinner time. Esme and I sat next to each other on one side of the table. Noah sat next to Elena opposite us, Noah opposite me and Elena opposite Esme. And Mr and Mrs Andrews sat at either end of the large dining table. 

We were having roast turkey with couscous and a large assortment of roasted vegetables.

I just ended up pushing my food around the plate, taking only the occasional bite. There was nothing wrong with the food, the food was actually amazing. But what put me off eating was the couple opposite me, being all lovey dovey.

Mrs Andrews cleared her throat. "Alanna-Belle, is there something wrong with the food?" She asks kindly.

I shake my head and blush that someone noticed, I also blush at the fact that all eyes are now on me. "No no, the food is quite nice thank you. And please, call me Alanna." I say quickly before looking down.

"Then why are you not eating?" She asks.

I shake my head again. "I'm not all that hungry." I pause when I hear something, I turn my attention to where the noise is.

"Oh baby." Elena moans. She runs her hand through his hair.

I turn back to Mrs Andrews, feeling what little I've eating coming up. "May I please be excused?" I ask politely.

She nods. "Of course honey."

I quickly get up and run back up to Esme's room. I rush into her bathroom and kneel next to the toilet.

"Do you have to always be so nice? You know if hang around you much more, my parents will expect me to be more like you." Esme jokes. "Alanna?" She calls out.

My stomach decided that moment was the perfect moment to empty itself into the toilet bowl.  I choke as it all comes out my throat life a waterfall. 

"Oh shit." Esme says and rushes over to me. She pulls my hair back. "Wait right here, okay?" 

I nod slowly before another round comes up.

Esme runs out the room. "NOAH!" She screams. "NOAH GET YOUR ASS UP HERE!"

Minutes later I hear footsteps running down the hall. "What? I can't control what she says or does." Noah's voice grunts. I hear more foot steps. "Oh shit." I feel Noah's hand run down my back. "Alanna-Belle?"

I keep my eyes down and away from Noah. I really didn't want him seeing me like this.

"Alanna-Belle, do you feel like you're going to vomit again?" Noah asks and gently massages my shoulders.

I shake my head.

"Good." Noah says shortly before I'm lifted into the air. "If you're going to vomit, maybe aim away from me." He chuckles slightly before lowering me onto Esme's bed. "Esme, grab me one of her shirts."

"A please would be nice." She retorts.

Noah snorts. "Please, dearest sister." He paused. "Alanna-Belle, can you lift your arms up for me?"

"Why? So you can perv on her? No, out!" Esme says.

"Esme. I just want to help. Do you want to wrestle with her fro ages trying to change her, or do you want me to take a few seconds to change her?" Noah asks.

I hold onto his hand weakly. "Noah?"

"Yeah?"

"I hate you." I cough.

Noah laughs. "I hate you too."

*****

Comment and vote.