Chapter Thirteen

"If you all turn to chapter fourteen, which is on page.... what is it? 109?" Noah addresses the class.

Yes, shock horror, I'm in class. It's an amazement right? Noah was right though, there was only a few more days until break and I really needed to catch up. 

I opened my book to page 109 before looking back up to the front of the class where Noah sat at his desk.

He smiled at me. "Alright, now start reading and we will talk about what happens at the end of the chapter." He pauses. "I will also be walking around, answering any questions you may have."

As the rest of the class starts reading the chapter, I keep my eyes on Noah for a few more seconds. I don't know why I do this, I know he has a girlfriend and all, but he's always there for me. Maybe I could tell him about the texts that I've been getting. Could I? What if that only makes things worse?

I shakes the thoughts out of my head and start reading the chapter. A few pages in, my phone buzzes in my pocket. I decide to ignore it and keep reading, but it keeps buzzing. I sigh and put the book down on the table. I pull out my phone and my lock screen tells me I have seven unread messages from the unknown number.

Do I want to read them? Maybe if I don't then it will be like they never existed? But that's not true, they would still exist.

I slowly unlock my phone and click into the messages.

I need to see you, privately.

I need to feel you against me.

I want to be inside you again.

I want you to scream my name.

I want you to stop being such a bitch.

You were always such a slut.

You are mine, not his.

My breath caught in my throat, no. This is just some sick prank right? He's not actually messaging me, right? Please no. This can't be happening.

"Alanna-Belle, are you okay?" Noah's voice broke me out of my thoughts.

My chest was tightening. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. My eyes pleaded him for help, I couldn't say the words.

Noah crouched down next to me. "What's wrong?"

Tears started escaping my eyes as I slowly handed him my phone.

His face turned from worried, to stone cold anger. "Who is sending you these texts?" He demanded in a hushed voice, as we were still amoungst the class.

I shook my head, I couldn't answer him. I could barely even breath. I was gasping for air every few seconds. My hands were trembling.

"Wait right here. Don't move. Everything is going to be okay." He said in a reassuring tone. He got up and walked back to the front of the class. He looked at his watch. "Oh my, is that the time? Class is dismissed, we can continue this tomorrow. Finish the chapter tonight please."

Everyone started packing up, putting their things away and talking t o everyone around them about what had happened so far in the book. Everyone but me. 

I couldn't move, I was frozen. To scared to move. To scared to breath. To scared to even think.

Within minutes the class was empty, apart from Noah and I. 

Noah grabbed a near by chair and pulled it right up to me. He sat down and grabbed onto my hands. "Alanna-Belle, you need to breath. Can you do that for me?"

I looked up at him confused, but then I realized I was holding my breath so tightly that I was struggling to breath. My face was burning up. How could I let go and start breathing again?

"Alanna-Belle, just focus on my voice, focus on me and nothing else. Okay?" He said. "You are perfectly safe. No one is going to hurt you. You are safe. No one can touch you or come near you. You have me and Esme and many people who love you and would do anything to protect you. You are safe. It is just you and I in here. No one else is here. You are safe. You are safe. You are safe." The last three sentences he said slowly, as if trying to drill it into my mind, trying to get me to believe it.

I closed my eyes and just focused on his voice and what he was saying. I focused on the circles his thumbs were drawing on my shaky hands as he held onto them. I focused on the sound of each breath he took, trying to get my mind to breath like him. I focused on his strong sent filling my nose. I focused on every single small thing he did.

"There we go." Noah said.

I opened my eyes to see Noah smiling at me. I looked at him confused. There we go? What does that mean? What is he talking about?

Noah raised a hand to cup my cheek. "You did it Alanna-Belle. You're breathing normally now."

I looked down at my chest, to see in fact it was rising and falling normally. I did it. And I did it without realizing. I was breathing. I looked back up at Noah. "Thank you."

"You don't need to thank me, it was all you." He smiled.

I nodded. "I'm sorry too." I said quietly.

"Shhh." He pulled me to the edge of my seat. "Don't apologize, you have nothing to be sorry for. He is going to pay for what he did to you. I'm not going to let him hurt you again. Okay?" Noah whispered as he cupped my face with both his hands.

I nodded, not really knowing what to say.

Noah sighed. "Do you think it's him who is sending you these texts?" He asked slowly.

I shrugged but a few seconds latter nodded. I did think it was him doing all this, who else could it be? Tears started flowing again.

"Shhh, hey, he can't get to you okay?" Noah whispered, standing up and pulling me into a hug. "I won't let him. He will never come near you, as long as I live."

I hug him back tightly. It felt so good to hug him, I've missed hugging Mr Handsome. "I'm scared Noah." I confess to him in a whisper.

Noah lifts my chin so I'm looking at him. "I know you are, but you don't need to be. He will never hurt you. He is going to pay for making you feel like this. You have me and so many other people who care about you, protecting you." Noah tells me.

I nod. "I'm sorry that you're always having to protect me and look out for me and stuff." 

Noah shakes his head and chuckles. "You're never going to stop apologizing are you?"

"No sorry." I say.

"Noah, baby, you in here?" A female calls out.

Noah sighs. "I'll be out in a minute Elena."

Oh.... "I should go." I say.

"No, hey, you don't have to go." Noah says and holds onto me.

I nod. "Yes I do. Your girlfriend is waiting for you. And I need to go take a very long hot bath." I say and pull away. I put my books into my bag.

Noah sighs. "I'll come over later to check on you okay?" Noah says and holds my phone out to me.

I shake my head. "Can you please hold onto it, I don't want to read those anymore."

"Of course." He says. "See you later?" 

I nod. "See you later."

*******

Comment and Vote

What did you think? What's going to happen?