Chapter Eleven

I hadn't been to class in a week, people stopped bothering to try get me to go. I stopped spending my time in bed, there was no point, it wouldn't change anything. It would only make things worse. I started getting up, showering, putting on makeup and nice clothes. I would go down to the local shops and I'd just spend my days around there. On the first day, I volunteered at a soup kitchen. The second day, I drank a lot of coffee and did a whole lot of reading. The third day, well that was just a day at the gym (Worst day so far). The fourth day, I went to a church and asked a whole bunch of questions to the pastor, may have ended up getting kicked out.... Hey! Not my fault, I was in a bad mood and asked why God is such a bossy britches to everyone. The Fifth day, I took an art class where I drew a naked guy (Super awkward, had to stair at his winka-do.). The sixth day, I spent the day with some people from the art class and we just hung around someones place. And well, today is the seventh day.

I was currently putting on my makeup, it's five in the evening and the girls wanted to take me to dinner before a few clubs. They freaked when they found out I'd never gone clubbing, so they're taking me.

It wouldn't be so bad, right? Just some people in a building with a few drinks. Clubs couldn't really be how they were in the films, right? I hope not, I couldn't handle that.

"Alanna, you here babe?" Esme called out. She and I hadn't been talking much the past few days, she went off at me, saying I'm just wasting my life if I continue to do this.

I sighed, what did she want now? "Yup, I'm in here." I called from the bathroom.

Esme walked in a few minutes later with a big smile on her face. The smile dropped as soon as she saw me doing my makeup. "You're going out?" She sounded slightly hurt.

"Yup." I said popping the 'p'.

"Oh." Esme sighed. "I thought that since you didn't go out today,  that you might be over your little tantrum."

"Tantrum?" I scoffed. "I'm not three."

"Well you sure are acting like you are." She countered.

I rolled my eyes and applied black mascara to my waterlines. "Esme, look I don't want to be in a class where the tutor is someone who walked all over me and make me feel like shit." 

"Why don't you switch classes then?" She asked, her voice soft.

I shrugged. "I'm just trying to relax and take a break right now." I tell her before walking back out into the bedroom. I grabbed out a bag Mary, my friend from art class, had given me for tonight. I slipped into the two piece before pulling a denim jacket over top.

 I slipped into the two piece before pulling a denim jacket over top

"Where the hell did you get that trampy outfit?" Esme gasped.

I smiled at her. "Mary gave it to me, we're going clubbing tonight and she lent me this outfit."

"Outfit?" Esme laughed. "That's something you wear to bed, or a sex party."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "We'll just see how the night goes before we jump to any conclusions."