Chapter Fourteen

Warm water hugged my body, relaxing me, calming me, and making me tired. Millions of bubbles sat on the surface of the water, wrapping around my neck and shoulders, my knees which were slightly brought up above the water.

My eyes were closed as I focused on the warmth that surrounded me. My fingers and toes were well pruned, I'd been laying here for quite a while so it wasn't much of a surprise.

After another half an hour I sat up and scooted to the end of the bath, pulling the plug out before standing up and stepping out. I wrapped my big fluffy grey towel around me and wiped the fog off the mirror. I looked at myself for a few seconds before walking back into the bedroom and heading over to my drawers. I pulled out a pair of simple black underwear and a matching bra, slipping into them after toweling my body dry.

A knock came to the door and I quickly grabbed my bathrobe, tying it around me. I opened the door and smiled when I saw Noah standing there with a big smile on his face.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Hey." I smiled back. "Do you want to come in?" I asked.

He nodded. "If I'm not imposing?"

"No, of course not." I said and stepped back so he could come in.

Noah walked in and kissed my cheek on his way in. "Sorry." He muttered, having realized what he did.

I shook my head and smiled as I closed the door. "It's fine. Old habits right?"

"Yeah, again. I'm sorry." He said.

I started laughing. "It's fine, so what's up?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Just wanted to check on you, see how you're doing."

"I'm good, just got out of the bath, so I'm very relaxed right now." I smiled up at Noah.

Noah smiled back. I'm glad to hear that. Do you have any plans for tonight?" Noah asked.

I shook my head. "I was just going to curl up in bed and catch up on what I'd missed out on in class. How about you? Any plans?"

Noah shook his head. "No, I just wanted to see how you were doing. Do you need any help on the class work?"

It was my turn to shake my head. "No, I should be okay. But thank you." I smiled.

"Where's that sister of mine?" Noah asked looking around the dorm.

 I laughed. "She went out to grab some takeaways from that really nice Chinese store on the other side of town." Esme and I had both been craving some takeaways from there.

He sighed, he sounded slightly angry. "I don't like the idea of you being alone, Alanna-Belle."

I sighed, shaking my head. I took a step towards him and ran my fingers through his facial hair. "Noah, it's fine. There are plenty of other people around in the other dorms."

Noah leaned into my hand. "I know, but I still don't like you being alone."

I pull my hand away. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't...."

"Don't apologize." Noah tells me.

I nod. "But I'm honestly fine here Noah. She's not going to be to long."

"Do you mind if I wait here until she does get back?" Noah asks.

I nod. "If it makes you feel better." I look down at my bathrobe. "I'll be right back." I say and quickly grab a pair of pajamas out of my drawers. I rush into the bathroom, and shut the door behind me. I pull the shorts and shirt on before walking back out.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't aware you literally just got out of the bath." Noah said with an obvious blush on his face.

I blush too, knowing that he's only blushing because he was thinking about how I wasn't wearing anything. "It's not your fault." I say.

Noah walks over to me. "Your pajamas are very... cute."

"What my brother is actually meaning to say, is that your shorts are very short and your top is see though." Esme says startling me.

"What?" I ask looking down, blushing like crazy.

Esme laughs. "They're still cute though." Esme winks at me before turning to her brother. "What are you doing here? Thought you had a date?"

Noah sighs. "I did... I do. I just wanted to check up on Alanna-Belle, and then I find out you've left her here all alone?" Noah raises an eyebrow.

Esme laughs. "Chill out man, I wasn't even gone that long, and when I did leave she was in the bathroom and I made sure she had the door locked."

Noah turns to me. "Is my sister telling telling truth or fibbers?"

"Truth." I laugh at his childish phrasing.

His jaw clenches. "Then why did you come out of the locked bathroom?"

I shrug. "I was cold and didn't want to be.... Don't worry."

"No, what didn't you want to be?" Noah asks taking another step towards me.

I shake my head. "Don't worry."

"Alanna-Belle?"

"I didn't want to be naked okay?" I blurt.

Noah's eyes roam my body.

I quickly go back into the bathroom and pull my dressing gown on again, doing it up very tightly.

Esme starts laughing. "Well as much fun as this conversation is, I'm starving and in desperate need of girl time."

Noah nods. "Well I'm not stopping you."

"You are actually, so scram!" Esme laughs as she pushes her brother out of the dorm.

"What's this?" I ask holding a bunch of envelopes addressed to me.

"Mail." Esme says in a duh tone. "I grabbed them on my way in, someone's very popular." She smirks.

I shake my head and walk over to my bed with my mail, opening them and reading them all.

Tsk tsk, you shouldn't have given your phone to him.

Looks like I'll just have to write you these little letters from now on.

I miss you.

I love you.

You're mine. Forever.

Each little letter was on a post-it note inside the envelopes.

My chest clenched up. No, this isn't happening.

"Who is it?" Esme asks.

I quickly hide the notes. "Just my mum." I lie....

*****

Comment and Vote