Chapter 21

[Kim Taehyung's POV]

He kissed her.

And in that very moment, I felt like my throat was being choked. I had trouble breathing, as if the oxygen refused to fill my lungs. I tried to take a very deep breath before I forced my feet to take me somewhere far away from that place.

"Seriously, is he drunk?"

My feet stopped as soon as I heard a scoff. Then I turned my head and saw someone was standing by the window on the right side of the wall, staring at where Seokjin and Ha Neul were locking lips.

"Miss Jiwon?" I said causing her to jump a little bit but then she sighed in relief when she recognized my face.

"Jeez Kim Taehyung, what are you doing in there??" She wiped her forehead as she took a deep breath.

"I came to pick this." I said as I showed her the basket ball on my left arm.

"Oh. You should get back tho, it's already late." She said quickly.

"So the rumor was true?" I raised an eyebrow as I looked at her.

"Hmm? What rumor?" She said as she raised an eyebrow.

"Oh come on, everyone in the basketball team knows about you and Seokjin." I said non-chalantly.

"Oh it's finally spread out huh?" She shrugged.

"Finally? How long have you guys been keeping it a secret?" I asked curiously.

"A year?" She raised an eyebrow as she chuckled.

"Woah." I said in amusement.

"I know. I'm still surprised that we succeed to maintain the relationship that long, remembering our status as a teacher and a student at school. But I'm glad we're over now." She shrugged.

"What's so good about him tho? All the girls in the school are head over heels toward him." I snorted softly. More like to myself but she heard it apparently.

"Apart from his beautiful face and his wide shoulder?" She chuckled and then I rolled my eyes lazily.

"He's actually a very caring person once you get close to him. He is also very kind to everyone that most girls took it in a wrong way. Like they think he has some affection towards them, but he was actually just being kind." She turned her gaze to the right side where Ha Neul and Seokjin were sitting on a bench, side by side.

"There were those days when I got jealous over those girls cause they could sit beside him during classes. Jin even distance himself with all the girls in school since I told him that. Woah, look how riddiculous that sound now." She chuckled.

"I know how it feels." I mumbled.

"What do you mean?" She raised an eyebrow as she looked at me.

"Well, I fell in love with someone who was born first." I said as I leaned my head against the wall. "If only I could synchronize the time on both of us so I could sit right next to her anytime I want." I tried to form a smile, but failed when my eyes landed on Ha Neul's face.

I quickly diverted my gaze to the other side, avoiding myself to look at Ha Neul who was smiling cheerfully at the guy she admired the most. For a second I forgot that she was just crying a minute ago.

"So you like older girls more huh? Don't you want to be called oppa?" She wiggled her eyebrows playfully.

"Age is just a stupid number you know. It doesn't determine your maturity." I scoffed.

"I know." She chuckled and then continued, "Me and Jin for example. He's so much mature than I am."

"Yeah right." I scoffed as I rolled my eyes lazily.

"But he could be very immature sometimes. I mean look at him, just a few minutes ago he begged me to take back my words to broke up with him. And a minute later he kissed that girl. He's trying to make me jealous, isn't he? What a kid." She sighed in disbelief as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"What? Do you mean he's just using Ha Neul to make you jealous?!" My tone was rising, just like my blood inside my body while inside my head I punched a guy named Seokjin for god knows how many times.

"We still love each other you know." She said as she rested her hands on the window sill.

"Why did you break up then?" I asked out of confusion.

"My parents forbid our relationship since you know, he's just a high school boy and my parents want me to find someone who's mature and has a steady career. I couldn't stand him being underestimated by my parents all the time so I finally decided to break up." She let out a deep sigh.

"But still, why would he has to kiss someone in order to make you jealous??" I said in disbelief.

"Who knows?" She shrugged as her lips formed into a tight line.

I gritted my teeth as my fist clenched on my side, holding the urge to step forward and broke that pretty face of him. I wonder if it wasn't Ha Neul that he kissed, would I ever felt this angry toward him?

I don't think so.

From all of the girls in this universe, why he had to kiss Ha Neul who's secretly in love with him. It must have made her fell more deeper now that she didn't have any more space for me to fill in her heart.

"Oh, Ha Neul is standing up. Is she wanted to get back to her room?" She said suddenly.

I watched Ha Neul waved her hand at the guy who's smiling in front of her before she turned around and walked toward the building where I hid myself. My blood heated just by looking at that filthy smile he gave her. 

"I should close the window." Miss Jiwon said quickly.

"Well I get going then." I said softly as I threw my gaze to the other side.

"Mhm." She nodded slightly.

"Stop thinking about that jerk, it tires your heart and brain." I said before I began to walk away.

"I'll try." She gave me a small smile. "Nice talking to you Kim Taehyung, but hey don't tell anyone or you'll die, understood?" She continued as she pointed a finger toward me, half shouting.

"Who would I tell anyway? The principal?" I grinned playfully and then runaway before she could yell at me.

As soon as I reached my room, my head was pounding as my thoughts turned into a chaos. It's like a battlefield of whether I should tell Ha Neul what's actually going on or not.

I rubbed my face with the both of my palms as I heaved a long sigh, trying to calm myself before I decided not to tell a single thing about what's just happened. Because I don't want to be a guy who snatched that beautiful smile away from her.

I just realized how hard I fell for her that I was willing to hold all the pain, just as long as the smile on her lips didn't fade away.

Idiot.

―――――――

I'm just curious but who do you ship the most?

TaeNeul > Taehyung x Ha Neul
JinNeul > Jin x Ha Neul
HyeMin > Hye Jin x Jimin
JinWon  > Jin x Jiwon

And thankyou for all of your support! Love ya♥♥