Chapter 12

[Min Ha Neul's POV]

I shifted my head to the left but I suddenly felt pain strucked me on my forehead. I opened my eyes slowly as I rubbed my forehead and realized that it was covered with a bandage.

I blinked my eyes for a few times as I looked up and I saw an unfamiliar ceiling. I got up to a sitting position slowly as my head slightly felt dizzy when I moved it, causing me to wince.

I felt nervous as I scanned my eyes through the strange place. The walls, the desk, the closet, and the bed underneath me all looked unfamiliar in my eyes. But the scent of the sheet and the blanket somehow familiar in my nostrils.

A clip from last night incident suddenly popped up inside my head. I was hit and then passed out but someone grabbed me.

Taehyung?

I got off of the bed and then walked through the door as I bear the dizziness inside my head.

I opened the door as I cocked my head, looking around before I took another step. I walked through the room which seemed to be a living room and then I found Taehyung was sleeping on the sofa.

I approached him and then sat myself on the floor in front of the sofa as I looked at him

I approached him and then sat myself on the floor in front of the sofa as I looked at him. Some of his bangs were covering his forehead. I brushed his bangs to the side gently so I could see his whole face clearly.

He was sleeping like an angel, so peaceful and quiet. I stared at his beautiful face when he suddenly moved and snapped his eyes open making me startled.

"Oh you're awake already?" He asked with his deep husky voice as he rubbed his eyes.

I moved back a little bit since my face was too close to his and then nodded. He moved his body to sit straight on the sofa.

"Sit." He said as he patted the sofa, motioning me to sit right next to him and I did as he told without complaining.

"Are you okay? How are you feeling?" He looked at me as he scanned through my face with a concerned look plastered in his eyes.

"I'm okay now. Thankyou for saving me." I replied as I gave him a sincere smile.

"No problem." He shook his head slightly. "But you really okay, right?" He asked again as he grabbed my shoulder as if he didn't satisfied with my answer earlier.

"Seriously Taehyung, I'm fine." I nodded as I let out a chuckle to convinced him but then I realized that his hand was covered with a bandage too.

"You're hurt too?!" I grabbed his left hand in surprised.

"It's not a big deal." He shook his head as he flashed a smile before he pulled his hand away from mine slowly.

"How it's not a big deal? This bandage itself told me that it's a big problem." I said as I put his left hand up in the air.

"What is wrong with the band─ ah..." He sighed as he looked at the super messy bandage that covered his left hand while he covered his face with his other hand. "At least I tried tho." He added as he nodded toward my forehead.

"I know." I chuckled. "I'll fix it for you as a thankyou." I added as I grabbed the first aid kit from the table beside the sofa. He just sat there silently, probably tried to eliminate his embarrassment.

"Luckily it's your left hand which got hit. If it was your right hand, I'd probably had to write your notes for you." I said jokingly as I wrapped the bandage around his palm and then secured it with some plaster.

"I'm left handed tho." He said as he looked at me.

"Really?! I'm so sorry that you hurt like this. I─ I will write your homeworks for you till you recover then I promise!" I said quickly as I felt guilty since I was the one who made him hurt his hand in the first place.

He just looked at me with a serious expression making me felt nervous as I had ever been. A moment later he bursted into laugh, made me winced because of the confusion.

"What? What's so funny?" I asked as I frowned.

"I was just joking but─" He laughed again. "but your reaction was amusing." He managed to finish his sentence in between his laugh.

"Yah!" I smacked his left hand intentionally.

"Ouch that hurts!" He squealed.

"I was really worried you know!" I glared at him.

"I'm sorry." He chuckled. "But I'm sure I couldn't play basketball for a while." He let out a soft chuckle.

"Ah right." I said softly. "I'm so sorry." I turned my gaze down to my lap as I bit my lower lip. "You shouldn't do that Taehyung, I feel guilty since you're hurt because of me. What should I do to pay you back?" I looked back at him as my eyebrows were knitted together.

"Hey it's okay." He said softly as he looked at my face. "I did it completely over my own will so I honestly didn't expecting anything back seriously. And technically you're not the one who hit me with that freaking bottle, so please don't blame yourself." He said as he tried to comfort me.

"But still..." I mumbled softly.

"Mind if I ask you who it was and why did he do that to you?" He asked as he raised his eyebrow.

I took a deep breath before I looked away and sighed in despair. I never told anyone about my family's condition before. Not even Hye Jin nor Jimin knew about it.

Why would I told them anyway? I don't want them to look at me or treat me with their sympathy. I'm not that weak. But I couldn't just dodge his questions right now.

Not after he saw me crying without any explanations. Not after he witnessed how bad my father could turns out. Most importantly, not after he got hurt because he tried to protect me.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me tho." He bit his lower lip awkwardly as his voice brought me back to reality.

"Ah it's just─" I replied hesitantly. "I never talked about this with my friends before. But I think you deserve to know?" I muttered softly as I looked straight into his eyes.

"You can count on me, I promise." He flashed me a sincere smile as he patted my head.

―――――――

Comment and vote pweaseee~~
I will love you forever if you do that hehe<3