"Hello?" Timothy waved his hands in my face. I internally smiled widely at that. When he was around me at first he was oddly quiet and stuttered. He still did, he still had his nervous habits, but I could tell he was more comfortable.

"What?" I grinned at him. He was sitting on my bed like he always did, I usually stood by him leaning against my desk but I wanted to sit in my bing bag chair in the corner. I was still close to him.

"You were staring at me like a creep and wouldn't answer my question," he said. Timothy was biting his lip again which drove me absolute bonkers. It also lead me to kiss him which lead to other things. I decided we needed to actually talk, we always did, but not as much when we're kissing each other.

"Which was?"

"Well I asked you what you thought of Colette then I asked why you were staring at me." His legs were criss crossed in front of him and he was playing with a string hanging off his sweater. He didn't look at me as often as I liked, he stared when he wanted to and looked away when he wanted to. I just wish I could get lost in those blue depths every second of everyday.

"I was staring," I grinned. "And I liked her. She doesn't look like you as much as I thought she would. I've seen her with you before yes, but never close enough to really look at her, and honestly, it wasn't her I was looking at. I thought she had blue eyes. Are you guys at all alike?"

"Yeah. We would be the same person, we've been through everything together, she has all my memories, and I hers. She's just more loud and outgoing then I am, I was always the twin no one really remembered. 'Colette's twin brother.'"

"Are you like your parents in any way?" I tried to subtly ask him about his dad, I don't think he caught it. Maybe he did. I've heard him say a few things about it so far, but he hadn't opened up about it. I wanted to know. I wanted to know everything about him.

He looked up from his sleeve in thought, "Like I said, I look almost exactly like my mother, no kidding there, you'll be shocked, everyone always is. She has two sides of her, which weirdly, is my personality and then Letty's. Outgoing and bubbly, quiet and nervous."

"So what about your..?" I paused to give him a second to step in, he didn't. He just looked over at me.

"Dad?"  He scowled. Okay, maybe not my best idea to hint at my question.

"We don't have to talk about it." I changed my mind, this was only going to make Timothy upset, that was the last thing I wanted.

"You're going to keep asking until I tell you," he pointed out. "I'll tell you when I'm ready to. Colette and I hardly even talk about it."

That sounds bad, why don't I like the sound of that? "It's not bad is it?"

He shrugged. "I think that our sisters will get along well. They kind of remind me of this book I read once."

He avoided answering my question. "Timothy.." I said sympathetically.

"Elijah," he gave me a look that just screamed 'stop.'

I sighed. The only reason he'd be dodging every question I asked him was if it was bad. It hurt me knowing that someone was hurting this gentle, sweet boy in front of me.

"Do you read at all?" He asked me quietly, looking back down at his sweater sleeves. I should just drop it. For now, I obviously wasn't going to get answers now.

"I like words, poems and things. I wouldn't call myself an avid reader though," I spoke, he wasn't looking at me, probably lost in his thoughts. "I admit, I read Tale of Two Cities after I saw you read it."