1; Huge Opportunity

This is my first story on Wattpad, I hope you enjoy it

----------------------------------------

Brady Manning

"Cold. Rainy. Windy. Depressing. Damp. Need I continue honey?" My dad emphasised, trying to persuade me more, like he has been doing for the past 2 days.

"But dad it's so unfair that you and mom are dragging me away from everything! Brooklyn is my life. My home. Where my friends and family are! I don't want to move! I want to spend my senior year here, with Annabelle and Asher, going to senior parties and choosing colleges together, I can't believe you are dragging me half way across the country to some city I've never heard of in Texas!" Saying I was angry, aggravated and frustrated at my dad would be an understatement. He just doesn't understand what's best for me; all he cares about is work.

"Look, this is such a huge opportunity for me and I'd of been foolish to turn the promotion down. I'm not arguing with you anymore and that's final, I'm sure you'll make new friends in La Vernia. We'll talk more in the morning and you can even invite Annabelle and Asher round to help you with your packing, we leave on Sunday morning, I love you and goodnight." My dad turned my light off and closed my bedroom door as he walked out of my room.

I was left in the darkness under my covers while thoughts of my 'new life', as my dad puts it, flooded in my head.

1 day. 1 day left to spend with my best friends. 1 day left until my mom and dad whisk me away to some small city which I'd never even heard of called La Vernia, somewhere in San Antonio, Texas. I didn't want to leave Brooklyn; I had made so many memories here, which I will cherish forever. It was my home, I was born and raised here, and I loved it. I didn't care about the bad weather. I'm a city girl, not a cowgirl.

I wanted to spend my senior year here in Brooklyn, I loved Abraham Lincoln High School, I was in the popular crowd, although I didn't bully other kids and didn't think I owned the school like some people in my group did, but I didn't socialise with them. I had amazing friends, I was on the track team and I was a cheerleader, my life was near perfect. How could my parents take that away from me? I will have to adapt to a completely different way of life, meet new people and make new friends which I didn't want to do. I had friends. I had a life. It was here in Brooklyn!

And then there's senior prom. Me and Annabelle where looking at ideas for dresses, hair styles and transport all summer. But that didn't matter anymore, my senior prom would be in Texas not New York. I didn't want to go to prom with a hillbilly in a tractor. I want to go with my friends in a large city car while driving past the Empire State Building.

I mean I suppose my dad is right, I will make new friends but nobody will replace Annabelle and Asher! They're unique and one of a kind and that's what I love about them, I've been friends with them since 7th grade when I moved to a different middle school, because apparently the teachers 'couldn't handle me' at the other one.

I can remember on my first day, they came up to me because apparently I looked lost and they wanted to help me, they introduced me to their friends and we hit it off really well. I could already tell we were going to be lifelong friends.

All I knew about Texas was that Dallas Cowboys where one of their football teams. How I knew this? Asher never shuts up about them. Tony Romo this. Dez Bryant that. Although I'm not a huge football fan, the Philadelphia Eagles will always be my team which I will back till the end. With Mychal Kendricks having the most BEAUTIFUL eyes and being one of the HOTTEST Linebackers in the NFL, anyone would be crazy to not support the Eagles. Drool.

Anyway, getting off track! The point is, I don't know anything about Texas all I know is that I'll be away from my friends and have to start Senior year at a different high school, La Vernia High School in fact, where I don't know anyone. Oh the joys, I'll be an outcast and have no friends. I just wish we could stay in Brooklyn, it's not like my dad has a bad paying job. In fact, he has a well-paid job that provides a very beautiful home, food and a roof over our heads. But NO, he had to take this stupid promotion to be the new company C.E.O at La Vernia Tech. Some technology distribution company that I couldn't give a damn about!

With all these different thoughts overcrowding my mind I drifted off to sleep. Hoping that my dad has a change of heart, or his boss will miraculously ring him up in the middle of the night and offer him a promotion in Brooklyn, but really when has luck, EVER, been on my side?

-------------------------------------

So that was the first chapter, what do you think? Please comment your thoughts and I accept constructive criticism

So you got to know a little bit about Brady and in the next 2/3 chapters Austin will make an appearance

Here's a little about me

I'm currently living in the UK

I'm a huge fan of American Football and my favourite team are the Dallas Cowboys ;)

If you want to ask me anything please feel free

Comment

Vote

Follow

Add to your Library

Georgia x