Chapter 17: Mutual Ground! Jack Volteer and Hazel Kamashido!

(Darius's POV)

As I sat on my royal throne, I could see the destruction happening outside my castle. These worthless villagers outnumber those wizards fifty to one and still we're the ones quickly losing control of the situation.

But nevermind all that. What do I care about pesky little weak villagers? This is just the start for my revenge. I looked at my glowing hands once more and its blue and yellow light, the only memory of my brother now being his own power. I had sent Shade and those other two to take care of the Fairy Tail guild before they could cause any more trouble for my future army.

"I will make these people strong and loyal to me, then..." As I walked to my balcony, I stop. Noticing, the fire and lightning noticeably getting closer, rage built up, twisting itself in my stomach. "What the hell is going on?!"

"DAAAAAARRIIIUUUUUSSSSS!!!!" A voice so loud, it could probably be heard a mile away. I remembered his looks, even from this distance. He was the dragon slayer that became my servant, but now he was back with his friends, aiding them instead of killing them.

As I grew, I considered this feeling a bit too childish for me, but, there it was. This excitement that coursed through my veins. An impatience that just took over me, even when madness tried to consume me. My power started to shine in orbs of energy floating over the palm of my hand. I had to calm down.

I wanted to fight.

There was nothing special out there that could make me feel this way, yet...

I've made it this far. I was the king of my old village. My plans to pick a fight with Gildarts was already in motion. I had no doubt those fools down there were still too weak for even a few Fairy Tail wizards, but I also knew that I, alone, could take down this kingdom. All that matters to me is the very question I've been asking myself from the very beginning.

Was I strong enough to take down Fairy Tail and Gildarts himself?

Of course I was! I had to be. I have to be.

I saw how from another section of my kingdom, buildings were completely frozen, something that I hadn't noticed before. I looked back to where the entrance to the kingdom was, though it was too far for me to see. Then it hit me. They must've separated so they could make their way easier to reach me. A smile crept into my lips as I assessed and questioned myself what to do with them. I wanted to keep them separate.

And if anything, weaker.

(Jack's POV)

The numbers kept going down without any real effort between Natsu and me. The soldiers were pretty weak, to be honest. Not even the leader of this group was pretty acknowledging. Which made my past words kinda dumb said and pitiful.

"Storm Dragon's Wail Shuriken!"

I took down a group of five that had charged at me. I caught a quick glimpse of what Natsu was doing and you could clearly see that he was enjoying himself.

"Ha! That's all you've got?" Natsu said with a devilish smirk I guess only he can pull off. I don't think I can pull it. Wouldn't fit my personality. As I fought, and saw Natsu fight, I could see that our power difference wasn't that far separate. You wouldn't catch me saying it out loud but I think he's stronger than me...