Chapter 5: The Unexpected Chaos

Pic of Happy: this a very cheerful picture compared to what this chapter is all about... Oh well, enjoy! ;)

(Jack's POV)

My eyes slowly open to see the chaos unfold. People were screaming everywhere, left and right, trying to run away. All of my memories came back with a headache, making me wonder about it at the wrong time. Refocusing back on the villagers, some were too much in shock to even move, watching the horror of the crystal castle exploding, their capitol burning before their very eyes. Shards of emeralds and debris flew in the air, cutting and stabbing through the people who couldn't make it far enough in time, dead bodies already lying on the floor. What could've caused all of this? Who would do such a thing?

My eyes drift to a little girl crying for her mom. She was eight, tops. Her dress was torn over her shoulder and she had a gash of blood on her left arm. She kept pulling on something from the ground, something screaming 'Go! Go find your father!'

That's when I noticed the woman being crushed by large pieces of rubble . It was unintentional how I quickly thought of how Hide Kamashido died before my very own eyes, how I couldn't do anything back then to save him. Adrenaline coursed through my entire body as I stood up and ran towards the girls. Debris was still falling so I had to dodge some of the crumbling castle parts that were aiming down towards me.

Once I reach the two girls, the woman looked at me straight in the eyes with tears running down her face. Now that I could see her better, I noticed how the entire lower part of her body was under huge chunks of rubble pressing down on her.

"Please take my daughter to safety! Please!" The woman plead, grabbing my ankles while the girl kept screaming about how she would never let me take her and that she wanted her mommy. Ignoring them both, I bent my knees and tried to raise the pieces of cement squashing her. I was not gonna leave anyone behind ever again!

"Get out of there!" I ordered the woman. Without a doubt, she quickly slithered from under the rubble and sat beside her child, hugging her. A loud booming sound made my eyes drift upwards to the sky, where I could see another large piece of the castle's wall aiming to fall over us. I inhaled as much air as I could before exhaling a combination of wind and lightning from my mouth.

"Storm Dragon's Roar!" I screeched, destroying the falling debris into thousands of pieces. "Let's go, it's not safe here!"

I turned to look at the two girls, quickly noticing the woman's face in agony. I didn't notice her broken legs before. The little girl would hug her mother tightly, not wanting to leave her mother helplessly behind.

"I- I'm so sorry sir, I can't  move." The woman said. Before she could continue, I swooped down and picked her up, now carrying het on my arms, then I ordered the little girl to climb on my back, piggyback, then I started to run to take them somewhere safe. I had my hands full so I couldn't evade much of the falling crystals still raining down from the sky. Many already were stabbed on my legs and arms.

"Fire Dragon's Roar!" I could hear Natsu, sending a powerful wave of fire towards the shards falling over us. How glad am I too see him! Thanks to his fire, I didn't have to worry much about falling things. Even if the castle already exploded, there were still bits and parts that were falling off. It'd be a matter of an hour or less until the entire thing can fall down completely.

Once far enough, I noticed a man running straight towards me with a worried expression.

"Mitsui! Karin!" The man shouted. I could presume that the man was the little girl's father. He went towards me and hugged the two girls....with me still carrying them...awkward...