Chapter 1: Jack Volteer, The Storm Dragon Slayer

Pic of Jack Volteer

(Jack's POV)

Fairy Tail! The greatest wizard guild in ALL of Fiore! Everyone was so abnormally friendly and accepting...

And a complete mess.

"Jack, c'mon! I'm all fired up!" says the pinkette Natsu Dragneel.

"Aye, sir!" says Happy.

"You're on!" I accepted Natsu's challenge to spar. Ever since I arrived and introduced myself as Jack Volteer, the Storm Dragon Slayer, three days ago, he just went crazy with wanting to spar with me.

Natsu Dragneel is a first generation fire dragon slayer, trained and raised by Igneel the Fire Dragon King, as he puts it everytime he screams about it. He has pink hair, wears a black vest with only one long black sleeve, wears white pants and always has a white scarf on that was given to him by Igneel himself. Happy is an Exceed. He kind of looks like a cat but he's blue with wings, always wearing his green back pack....also he can talk.

"Here I come!" says Natsu blazing himself in fire screaming for power.

"About time already!" I reply as wind swirls around me covered in blue lightning.

Everyone was looking at our match with interest. The closest were, as I got to learn after arriving here, Lucy Heartfilia, Erza Scarlet, Gray Fullbuster, Gajeel Redfox and his exceed, Panther Lilly. Apparently Natsu wasn't the only one that wanted to spar, if Gajeel's look was anything to go by. They've been waiting for a chance to see me in action, and I didn't want to disappoint.

Natsu pounced towards me with such an incredible speed that it was almost difficult for me to dodge. When I did, I could've sworn he smiled while passing me by, which worried me.

"Fire Dragon's Wing Slash!" A ball of fire grew over his hands before he sent it rocketing at me, a bit too close for comfort, and too late to dodge.

"Storm Dragon's Roar!" A combination of lightning and air came rushing from my mouth to counter-attack the fire.

Laxus looked on giving no reaction to the match. He sat on one of the chairs near the bar, drinking coffee, just watching the fight. He has blonde hair, white skin, and wears a purple button'd shirt with a coat over it. He also wears black pants and black shoes. He is a 2nd generation dragon slayer meaning he wasn't raised by a dragon but has their powers due to a lacrima, which is like a magic crystal, that was inserted into his body. He is the lightning dragon slayer. He's been teaching me a bit more about how to use my magic ever since he found me, since mine looks similar to his.

Natsu lands on the floor, eyeing me warily. It seemed as if he didn't expect me to avoid his attack before. After a few seconds, he sends me a knowing smirk. He was happy that I didn't go down that easy. What did he expect?

We stare at each other from a distance. In a matter of a second, we both pounce towards each other once again.

"Fire Dragon's Iron Fist!"
"Storm Dragon's Turbulent Fist!"

Natsu sends his fire engulfed fist towards my face while I send him my own wind and lightning covered fist at his face.

"I'm surprised by how quickly Jack has been progressing lately. What have you been teaching him, Laxus?" asks Makarov, our guild master. He's been watching our spar attentively. Laxus had told him about me, or at least what he knows about me.

Laxus took his time to answer. He drank from his coffee, swallowing the hot liquid, before removing the cup from his lips and closing his eyes in thought.