Chapter 30

"Are you sure?" Daniel ask as he takes a step closer to me.

"Yes, I'm sure. Are you?"

"Never been so sure in my life," Daniel says again, making me smile. Daniel keeps taking steps closer to me and I back up as he does until I'm with my back against the door. Daniel puts his hands on either side of me and smiles at me before he presses his lips against mine.

I wake up, feeling like crap. I shouldn't have drank so much last night, big mistake. I roll on my side and look straight in the eyes of Daniel, making me remember last night.

Last night.

Everything about last night feels like a blur, except for him. Everything we did I can remember very clearly. Every touch, every feeling, everything feels like it just happened.

"Hey," Daniel says, his voice still raspy, letting me know he just woke up as well.

"Hey," I reply as I try to stop a smile from forming on my face, but there's no use. I'm happy, what happened made me happy.

"How are you feeling."

"I'm happy."

"That's good."

"What about you?"

"I'm happy too," Daniel says, the smile on his face proving his words.

"Good," I say as Daniel scoots closer to me. He caresses my cheek before softly pressing his lips against mine.

"Come with me."

"To where?"

"Everywhere, every race. I want you with me Vi."

"What?" I ask surprised.

"Please, come with me. It took us so long to realize our feelings and now that we have, we're forced to be apart because of my job. I don't want that, I want you with me. So will you come with me?"

"Are you sure?"

"Of course! I know what we have is real, I can feel it. We've waited too long for this, we need to make up for lost time," Daniel says and I think about it for a little while. Do I want this? Do I want be with him? Travel all over the world with him?

"Yes," I say and Daniel face lights up, though I can tell he's not 100% sure about the meaning of my answer.

"Yes?"

"Yes, I'll come with you," I say, making a huge smile appear on Daniel's face. He pulls me close to him and presses his lips against mine.

"This is gonna be amazing, I just know it. Of course I'll have to work some days, but other than that, it's gonna be great. You can move into my apartment in Monaco when we're not traveling. We can discover new places, eat delicious food, it's gonna be perfect."

"Work," I say, realization dawning upon me.

"Yeah, I'll have to work, but we'll still have a lot of time we can spend together, just the two of us.:

"No, my work."

"What about it?"

"I still have to work, I can't just travel with you and not do anything."

"Will you be able to talk to your boss about it?"

"Yeahh, I think so. Dylan likes me, I think. I'll be able to work something out with him. It will be fine, I promise."

"I wasn't able to work something out with Dylan," I sigh as I sit down next to Daniel. I just got off the phone with Dylan and despite my best efforts, there was nothing I could do. He needs me in Australia.

"So what now?"

"Now I have to stay here and you have to leave."

"I don't want that."

"Me neither, but we don't have a choice," I sigh as Daniel pulls me close. I lay my head on his shoulder has he wraps his arm around me and kisses the top of my head. I just want to be here forever, in Daniel's arms.

"We'll work it out, I promise. We'll Skype whenever we can and you can come visit me as often as possible."

"I'll miss you though."

"I'll miss you too, so much. But we'll make it. And you can join me as soon as your work allows you to. We'll figure it out," Daniel says and I slightly smile at him. I want to believe him more than anything, I want it to work.

"Yes, we will. But let's not think about it just yet, we still have time before you have to leave. Let's make the most of it."

"Yeah, let's."

The time passes by way too quickly and before I know it, it's the day of Daniel's departure. Again. This time, it's not just for a few weeks, it's for a long time. And I don't know when I'll see him again, touch him again. Of course there is Skype, but that's just not the same.

"Do you have everything?" I ask as Daniel closes his suitcase.

"I think so. I hope so at least, but otherwise, I'll just buy it wherever I am, most of the stuff I need is buyable."

"Oh, that's good."

"Yeah, it is," Daniel says and I mentally cringe at the awkwardness of this conversation. There's so much both of us want to say, it's so obvious. But neither of us know how to say it.

"I got you something," I blurt out, making Daniel look up.

"You did?"

"Yeah, well both of us actually."

"What is it?"

"It's actually kind of stupid."

"I'm sure it's not."

"Here," I say as I take a small bag out of my pocket and hand it to Daniel. He opens the back and holds up a bracelet. He reads the words that are on the bracelet and looks at me confused.

"The distance?" he asks and I nod. I hold up my arm and show him the bracelet I'm wearing.

"This one goes along with it."

"Between us," Daniel reads out loud, the confused look still on his face.

"The distance between us. It's a reminder that no matter the distance between us, we'll always have each other and be there for each other. The distance can't keep us apart," I explain, making Daniel smile.

A/N: Instead of 'His Always' and 'Hers forever' it says 'The Distance' and 'Between Us'

"It's beautiful, thank you," he says and he puts the bracelet on his right arm, just like I did.

"I'm glad you like it."

"I love it," Daniel says before hugging me tightly. I know he realizes just as well as me that this is one of the last times in a long time we'll be able to do this. I know it's the reason he hugs me just a little longer than usual.

Nahw, isn't that cute! But Daniel has to leave again :( Do you think they will work it out? And if so, how? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below and don't forget to vote for this chapter! 

This story is coming to it's end :( Only a few more chapters! How do you think the story will end?

Love you all

Evy
Instagram: readracewrite