Chapter 4

Daniel's POV

"Ella, over here!" I call out when I see her come out of the elevator. She scans the lobby until her eyes land on me. She smiles and makes her way over to me.

"Hey," she says once she reaches me.

"Hey," I reply, a smile on my face as well, "follow me."

"Okay," Ella says and I make my way to the restaurant, followed by Ella. I walk to our table, where a lot of team members are already waiting.

"Hey guys! This is Ella, Ella, this are the team members of Redbull Racing," I say, not bothering to name everyone as Ella won't even talk to everyone.

"Hey," Ella says to the team members, who greet her back with some hey's and what's up's. I pull out a chair for Ella before I sit down on the chair next to hers, beside Daniil.

"Hey man," Daniil greets me with a smile on his face.

"Hey mate! This is Ella. Ella, this is Daniil," I say, looking at Ella, who has a smile on her face.

"Hey, nice to meet you," Ella says to Daniil.

"Nice to meet you as well. How does Daniel know you?"

"I interviewed him earlier today," Ella says, a small smile on her face, though the rest of her face doesn't look happy. It's the same look she had when I first met her, disappointed.

"Must've been a great interview if it earned you a dinner invite," Daniil jokes and Ella laughs. She looks amazing when she laughs.

"It was a good one actually, but I got invited just 30 minutes ago. I'm staying in this hotel as well."

"Oh, awesome!"

"Yeah, it is. And it's not too far from the track either, which is great."

"You're coming to the race tomorrow?"

"I am."

"Are you exited?"

"I am, I've wanted to go to a race ever since I was younger. I used to be really interested in racing, but then it kind of faded as I got older. But I might start watching races again."

"You're a bit late, the season just ended."

"Yeah, now you have to wait until March," I tell her, making her eyes widen.

"That long? That's gonna take forever!" she exclaims as she frowns, making her look cute.

"Well, we have to get ready for next season. We have to do a lot of training and then there's testing," I explain to her. Her frown disappears and she nods understanding.

"Ah okay, well then I understand. It's still a long time for the fans."

"That's true, but we keep them posted on Instagram and such," Daniil explains just as our dinner arrives.

"I didn't order anything?" Ella says confused.

"Everyone is getting the same. It always took forever until people decided what they wanted to eat, so they decided that they'd just give everyone the same thing," I explain to her.

"Ah, okay," Ell says before she starts eating her dinner. Daniil and I start eating as well, having a casual conversation as we do. Ella chats along with us very easily as if she's been hanging out with us for ages.

"I had a lot of fun," Ella tells me as we make our way to the elevator after dinner.

"So did I, thank you for coming!" I tell her with a smile on my face.