Chapter 16

"Just take some time to think about it, but don't wait too long," Joelle says, knowing my tendency to avoid conversations like this.

"I won't, but I need to know how I feel first before I talk to Daniel."

"Violet?" Joelle says, making me look up from the magazine I'm reading.

"Yeah?"

"Remember when you said you wouldn't wait too long to talk to Daniel?"

"Yeah?" I say, already knowing where this is going.

"You do realize that was almost a week ago, right?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Why have you still not talked to him?"

"Because I've been busy with work," I say, but I know it's just an excuse. The real reason is that I've just been to scared.

"No you haven't."

"Okay, so maybe I haven't."

"Just talk to him Vi, it's what best for both of you."

"I will, I will!"

"Alright, call him then."

"Let me finish my magazine first," I say as I flip the page of my magazine. My eye falls on an interview with a certain Aussie guy.

"Call him first, I know you Vi. You won't do it if you put it off."

"No, wait, let me read this first."

"It can't be that important."

"It's an interview with Daniel."

"Oeh, I want to read it as well!" Joelle says as she makes her way over to me. She sits down next to me on the couch and together we start reading the interview.

"What?" I say confused as I read one of Daniel's answers.

"That can't be right, can it?"

"It says it here though," I say, reading his answer once more. The interviewing has been asking questions about his family and how he got started, eventually asking a question about his dating life.

Interviewer:
Do you have a girl at home supporting you or are you still enjoying the single life?

Daniel:
Still enjoying the single life. And to be honest, I think it'll stay that way for a while. I'm completely focused on racing right now and I like that. Although it's always nice to have someone supporting you, but as everyone knows, it also takes a lot of time and energy to maintain a relationship. Time and energy I'd rather spend on racing right now.

"This sounds so unlike Daniel," Joelle says.

"I know, but they wouldn't make something like that up, would they?"

"I don't know Vi, some magazines do the weirdest things."

"That's true," I sigh as I put the magazine away. Although I was planning on calling Daniel, I'm not too sure now.

"You should still call him," Joelle says as if reading my thoughts.

"I don't know Jo, I thought I knew how I felt about everything. But after reading this?"

"Still, you can't keep ignoring him."

"I'm not, he hasn't really tried to talk to me."

"He hasn't?" Joelle asks surprised and I nod.