Chapter 7

"Tell us man!" I urge him.

"Violet. And let me tell you, she looks beautiful! I didn't even recognize her at first, only realized once I saw her friend, Joelle. She has changed a lot!"

"Violet?"

Daniel's POV

"Yeah, mate, don't you remember her?" Evan asks me, which is a stupid question.

"How can I ever forget her?" I simply say as the memories Violet and I made together start running through my mind. We spent almost our entire childhood together and most of our teenage years. Until I left to Italy that is. I haven't seen her ever since I left, which I regret a lot. But for some reason, something always prevented us from seeing each other.

"You never forget your first love," Sam jokes, taking me out of my trip down memory lane.

"What?" I say shocked.

"Dude, you don't fool us. We all know you loved Violet," Jake tells me.

"Well," I try to object, but the guys are having none of it.

"Dan, don't deny it. Besides, it's nothing to be ashamed about. Especially when you see her now," Evan tells me, making me really curious about how Violet looks right now.

"Where is she?"

"I just saw her on the other side of the dance floor, but I don't know if she's still there."

"Can you take me to her?"

"Of course, follow me."

"Good luck man!" Jake tells me before I follow Evan to where he last saw Violet. I realize I am gonna need all the luck I can get. Violet probably isn't gonna forgive me that easily for not contacting her in 10 years.

"I hope she's still there, mate," Evan tells me as he leads the way.

"That makes two of us."

"I'm telling you, you won't recognize her."

"I hope she recognizes me."

"You haven't changed that much mate."

"I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing," I chuckle as my eye falls onto a familiar girl. Ella.

"Oh, there she is, come on mate!" Evan says as he starts making his way towards a group of people. The group of people where Ella is also standing. To my surprise, Evan walks straight towards Ella. He doesn't know her, does he?

"Hey Violet," Evan says and Ella looks at him, a smile appearing on her face when she realizes who it is.

"Evan, hey!" she replies, quickly hugging him. I look at the both of them, feeling very confused by what is happening. How do they know each other?

"You remember Daniel, don't you?" Evan says, making her eyes widen when she sees me.

"Daniel...," she says.

"Ella?" I ask, still confused with what is going on. Might be because I had a few drinks.

"Ella? No silly, it's Violet! Vi! Don't be stupid mate!" Evan says to me and I take a good luck at the girl standing in front of me. I look straight into her eyes and then I see it.

"Violet?"

"Hey Dan," Violet replies.

"How?"

"I can explain."

"Why did you lie?"

"I didn't, I just-,"

"Why didn't you tell me?"