Chapter 18

"You're overthinking it. Just go to her and tell her how you feel."

"I don't know. I need some time to think about it," I say, even though Evan just told me I'm already overthinking it.

"Don't think too long, before you know it, you're too late."

Violet's POV

"How about a girl's night tonight?" Joelle asks as she leans on my desk, making me look up from my computer.

"Actually, I have a date," I say, making Joelle gasp.

"A date? With who? Daniel?"

"No, not with Daniel. I haven't really seen or talked to him in 2 weeks."

"What? Why not?"

"I don't know, after we talked about us hooking up, I just haven't heard from him."

"And you haven't called him?"

"No, I haven't. I figured he'd call as he always calls, but he hasn't."

"Well call him!"

"And say what?"

"I don't know, hey?" Joelle says, making me roll my eyes.

"Duh, but after that?"

"That you want to hang out?"

"I'll think about it."

"But back to that date. Who's the lucky guy?"

"His name is Aron, he's a business man and he's really nice," I say as a smile creeps on my face.

"Where did you meet him?"

"In the cafeteria downstairs. I've seen him there a bunch of times, but yesterday he asked me out on a date."

"Work? That's never a good idea."

"He's from a different department, don't worry."

"Okay, but what about Daniel though?"

"What about him?"

"You said you had feelings or him. Those couldn't have just disappeared."

"They didn't, but I have to move on. Daniel doesn't see me that way and there's nothing I can do about it," I sigh as Joelle gets up.

"Well, we need to have a girl's night soon, because I want to hear all about that date."

"Of course! Will you help me get ready though?"

"Are you seriously asking me that question? We'll get started as soon as we get home!"

"Well, after I get home from the gym."

"You're going to the gym before your date?"

"I always go on Friday."

"Okay, just don't stay too long."

"I won't," I promise her before Joelle walks back to her own desk.

"See you on Monday!" I say to my colleagues as I make my way out of the office. I wave at Joelle, who's still working on some stuff at the other side of the office. I made some longer days earlier in the week, which means I can leave earlier now.

I go back to our apartment and quickly change into some gym clothes before walking to the gym. It's relatively quiet in the gym as it's a Friday afternoon, most people are still at work or at school. I start making my way to the first machine when I bump into someone.