Chapter 3

"He didn't even know who I was!" I exclaim as soon as Joelle answers my skype call. I don't even bother to greet her as I need to talk about what happened earlier today. I've wanted to talk to her ever since Daniel walked out of the room, but I decided to stay for Qualifying, in which Daniel came 5th.

"Hello to you too," Joelle says, making me roll my eyes.

"Jo, he didn't recognize me."

"What do you mean?"

"He came in and introduced himself."

"So? That's polite."

"Why would he introduce himself if he recognized me?"

"That's true. But what did he say when you said your name?"

"I didn't," I admit, making Joelle look confused.

"What? You didn't introduce yourself?"

"I did, but I told him my name was Ella."

"You told him your middle name? Why did you do that?" Joelle asks confused and I shrug. I don't know why I did it, it was just a spur of the moment thing.

"Do you think he would've known who you were if you told him your name?" Joelle asks, but I don't answer right away as I don't know the answer.

"Maybe, but he didn't react when I told him my name was Vi, which was his nickname for me."

"That's true. How did the interview go though?"

"The interview itself went great! We talked to each other very easily. It really was like we were old friends catching up."

"Well, you are."

"I know, but I was interviewing him, we weren't just talking. It's very different from each other."

"That's true, but it shows that you two still get along great!"

"I don't know Jo," I sigh, feeling very confused by everything that happened today.

"Did you talk after the interview?"

"No, his PR came to get him, he had to go to the garage for Qualifying."

"Did you stay for Qualifying?"

"I did, Dan came 5th."

"Oh that's pretty good!"

"Yeah, it is. I'm happy for him."

"But what's next?" Joelle asks, making me sigh, again.

"I have no idea."

"Call him."

"What?!" I exclaim shocked. Is she serious?

"Just call him, talk to him. Tell him what happened today, that you want to talk about everything."

"But then he'll know I lied to him."

"So? I don't think he'll really care when he finds out it's you. I'm sure he missed you as well."

"I'm not so sure about that Jo. If he missed me, he would've called or texted or whatever," I point out and Joelle sighs, knowing I'm right about that one.

"I would just try. This is your chance, Vi. If you want to reconnect with him, you have to do it now."

"I know, but it's hard. I have no idea how he'll react to me."

"Knowing him, I don't think he'll react in a bad way."

"That's true."

"So? You'll call him?" Joelle asks and just then, I hear a lot of noise outside my hotel.