Chapter 14

I kept my promise. Jamie made me delete their numbers from my phone and he made me swear not to contact them. So for the next two weeks, i didn't. I didn't even get a chance to explain myself.

But they would still try and contact me. They were confused why i never replied and would text me often and sometimes even call me. They would DM me on twitter, but however much i wanted to. I didn't reply. I told Jamie i wouldn't.

Instead i spent my hours playing endless hours of basketball or alone, in my room with my phone turned off, song-writing. I would write about my feelings and sit playing on my keyboard and guitar for hours. My Mom knew something was up. I was even ignoring calls and messages from Scooter and Adam, in fear they would ask for an explanation why i wasn't talking to the guys. It was really awful.

I looked up and saw my Mom at my bedroom door, her cellphone in her hands. "Honey? Can i talk to you?" She asked softly.

I nodded. I set down my guitar on it's stand and took a seat on the bed next to her.

"That sounded good." She smiled, meaning the song i was playing. "Your voice is beautiful Ri."

I blushed, tucking a strand of brown her behind my ear. "Thanks, i was just playing around."

She nodded and looked down at her cell, playing with it between her fingers. "So Scooter just called." She said.

I looked down at my hands.

"He said you're not communicating with anyone over there. They're worried and confused."

I could feel chunks of my heart being torn off. I missed them. I was unable to stop a tear from rolling down my cheek. I left it there.

My Mom moved her hand on-top of mine. She looked concerned. "Honey do you wanna talk about it?"

I nodded. Suddenly a whole bunch of tears started pouring down my face. "Jamie doesn't want me to talk to them." I said, wiping at the tears with my free hand. "Justin, Ryan, Fredo and Chaz."

"Why?"

"Because he doesn't trust them."

She scoffed, her eyebrows raised. "And you're letting him control you?!"

"Well-"

"Ri you are your own person! Nobody should be allowed to tell you what to do. You can talk to whoever you want to, don't let a jealous boyfriend stop you."

I looked at her helplessly.

"Ariana honey this is obsessive. You are a strong, beautiful, independent girl, he does not own you."

Everything she was saying was right.. i just didn't have the guts to stand up ti him. I was a fool, afraid he'd dump me.

"A guy like that is not worth it Ri. You gotta stick up for yourself and what you want, and if he leaves you, that's his loss! He is not the boss of you honey!"

I nodded. "I know."

She held up her phone and slotted it into my hands. "Call Scooter at-least."

She left the room and i quickly got into my pyjamas since it was night-time and then sat crossed-legged on my bed. I pressed the phone to my ear nervously.

RING

RING

R- "Hello?"

"Hi Scoot, it's Ri." I gulped.

"Oh- hey pal, how are you? Where have you been?"

"Im fine, and i just- um. I've been having a little boy trouble that's all."